Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 2

Miranda refused to believe that Fabricio no longer wants to marry her. Finally he said, "I love you with all my soul," and I think he mentioned that they had been childhood sweethearts, but he still insisted that he intends to marry her sister Florencia.

He walked away and Miranda started to chase him, but Alejandro (Fabricio's friend, the one who met Miranda briefly in the airport) suddenly appeared, grabbed Miranda, and kissed her, saying, "You are not a woman for a boy like Fabricio. You are a woman for a man like me."

Miranda angrily said "When someone steals something from me, I steal it back" (or something along those lines) and kissed Alejandro, then stormed away.

A secretary named Nuria brought Gonzalo (Miranda's father) some important papers related to work. Gonzalo yelled at his assistant, Cesar, saying that the papers were supposed to be Cesar's responsibility. Cesar went after Nuria and said he would punish her for giving Gonzalo the papers, then raped her.

The older female servant, Tomasa, found Nuria and tried to help her, until Miranda's aunt, Bertha, came along and lectured Nuria for some reason. I think Bertha told Nuria, "Remember our secret."

After telling Cesar that Miranda is upset about being dumped by Fabricio, Bertha gloated, "The pain of Miranda is my greatest pleasure."

When Fabricio told Florencia that Miranda was upset, Florencia said, "I'm sorry, but I can't marry you" and ran away. However, Bertha went after Florencia and claimed that Miranda(?) said Fabricio is only marrying Florencia for money. Florencia said, "I know I'm not as pretty as Miranda, but I'm a woman too. I'll show them," then went and made up with Fabricio. I think Bertha was lying in order to encourage Florencia to marry Fabricio.

Gonzalo, depressed about the news that Florencia is dying, met with Fabricio and Alejandro about business. Fab. tried to explain that he has broken up with Miranda, but seeing Gonazlo's mood, Alejandro stopped Fabricio, saying, "It's not the right time to say this."

That night, at Gonzalo's birthday party, Gonzalo introduced Miranda to Alejandro. She tried to tell him that Alejandro kissed her against her will, saying, "This man --" but Gonzalo interrupted, "This man is a very important business associate." When Gonzalo was gone, Miranda hissed at Alejandro, "Get out of my house!" Alejandro refused, saying, "I am invited. I am an associate of your father."

Later Miranda told her friend Pamela (who has long dark hair and seems to be a photographer), "If my father knew he kissed me, he would kill him." Pamela asked if Miranda would mind if she (Pamela) pursued Alejandro, and Miranda said, "Of course not, friend. I am not interested. I love Fabricio."

When Bertha (Miranda's aunt) met Alejandro, she repeated his last name (Luque) and seems to have known his father. Later Bertha went to Gonzalo and said, "I am an attractive woman, aren't I?" Gonzalo reluctantly said yes, and Bertha said, "Then why don't we marry?" Gonzalo said, "I've told you a thousand times. I still love Fernanda."

At the end of the episode, Miranda and Pamela visited a hospital. Miranda said something about giving her own money to the hospital, I think. They were introduced to a doctor, who seemed very eager to meet Miranda, saying, "Delighted to meet you. I am Dr. Fernandez." I think she gave her first name as Fernanda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home