Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Monday, July 16, 2007

My first impressions of the final episode of Duelo de Pasiones

Poor Gaspar. That was genuinely sad.

I saw Alvaro's death coming a mile away -- I always thought he would redeem himself by dying to save Soledad and/or Alina -- and the jaguar showing up didn't surprise me either because it had been foreshadowed -- but it was still a good way to send old Don Loco out.

The whole Alina-maybe-died thing: Give me a break. What a waste of air time. Why not use that time to tell us what happened to the characters? We know Luba has Little Cub, but where are they living? In a cave? Later we see a boy who might be the little cub running around with Alina's daughter. But that's a dream sequence, so does it mean anything? If Emilio took Gaspar Jr. in, does that mean Luba lives with him, too? What about Singing Aunt? She had nowhere else to go. Well, we'll never know because we had to watch Alina die instead.

DID she die? Unclear. I'll guess yes, and the beach sequence was her death bed hallucination. Emilio probably mourned her for five minutes, the way Elias mourned Blanca. Then he married Coral.

Well, it was better than Cesar in Heridas de Amor being randomly hit by a car. But not much better. An appropriately stupid end to a stupid show.


Gaspar was too good for this show. I hope to see the actor (Intocable; I forget his real name) again. In a much better show.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home