Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Music de pasiones

OK, "Duelo de Pasiones" isn't the greatest telenovela ever made -- I think we can all agree on that -- but, like most telenovelas, it has an excellent theme song: "Insensible a Ti," sung by Alicia Villarreal.

As it happens, Alicia Villarreal also plays Raquel in "Duelo." And she isn't the only singer in the cast; as you probably know, Pablo Montero (who plays Emilio) is a popular singer. But did you know Sergio Goyri (Alvaro) has also released CDs? Even Ana Martín (Luba) sings! (As an aside, here's a
photo of Ana in her younger days; muy bella.)

I checked Amazon for CDs from Duelo cast members, and here's what I found:

Con la Bendición de Dios by Pablo Montero. This was released in 2005. There are other Pablo Montero CDs available, but I picked this one because its Amazon listing includes music clips.

If you'd prefer to see Handsome Mr. Montero while he sings (and really, who wouldn't), Amazon also offers this DVD of his greatest music video hits: Entrega Total... Los Exitos.

Next: Orgullo de Mujer. This 2006 CD from Alicia Villarreal includes "Insensible a Ti (Me Pone a Mil)," along with nine other songs. Amazon also has other CDs from Ms. Villarreal (who was formerly the lead singer of the band Grupo Límite).

And now... Sergio Goyri sings! Sergio Goyri. This CD is from 1997. Again, Amazon offers clips from the songs. I'm no expert, but he sounds a little off-key to me. Still, he sings better than Pablo Montero acts.

Finally: Dulce Amor. This is the only Ana Martín CD I could find, and there's only one (used) copy available on Amazon at the moment. I don't see a date, but it looks like the 1950s. Who knows. It includes the songs "Tu Eres," "Quien," "Dulce Amor, "Hieres," "Y Despues," "A la Orilla del Mar," "Yo Quiero," "Rutina," "Para Ti," and "Temblando de Frio."(My apologies for any accent marks I omitted.)

Alas, I can't find a CD from Aida Pierce (Duelo's Singing Aunt Rebeca). But I won't be surprised if there's more music out there from Duelo cast members. If you know of any CDs I've missed, please say so.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fascinating info Carmel, especially the picture of Ana Martin. You're good at finding out these fun nuggets about our telenovela actors.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:rW7O5v00hpoJ:
www.comediantes.net/aida_pierce.
htm+aida+pierce&hl=xx-elmer&ct=clnk&cd=19&gl=us

You might have already seen this, but if you can cut and paste that entire link...it looks like Aida Pierce is a comedienne and fairly well-known stage actress in addition to her telenovela roles.

12:39 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

Thank you for that link! (I was actually able to understand a lot of it!) Interesting to see that she's done musical theater. I'll bet she can sing better than Aunt Rebeca lets on.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home