Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The real Alina

It is finally time for me to update this blog! I'm always curious about telenovela actors, so let's start with Ludwika Paleta, who plays Alina on "Duelo de Pasiones."

According to
Internet Movie Database, she was born on November 29, 1978 in Kraków, Poland. So she's 28 years old. IMBd says her father is a famous musician who relocated the family to Mexico when she was a child. Ludwika started acting as a child and became "an instant celebrity." She is supposedly fluent in English as well as Spanish and Polish.

Hmm, it says she's getting divorced from her husband, Plutarco Hazo. Let's see what I can find about that...

Well, what do you know. Wikipedia has the same text about this actress as IMDb. Now I know where IMDb gets its info. Wikipedia
also says Ludwika "separated from Plutarco after a scandalous video of herself and singer Pablo Montero surfaced." Pablo Montero, of course, plays Emilio in "Duelo de Pasiones." The plot thickens!

A quick Internet search on both actors' names turns up this:
Ludwika y Pablo Montero, ¡en video! As far as I can tell, it says the video showed them kissing romantically at a restaurant.

So let's see if I can find a photo of Ludwika's (soon to be ex) husband. Aha, here's one, with an article about their break-up:
Rompe silencio Plutarco Haza. He looks kind of like Orlando from Duelo, doesn't he?

Ok, that's enough Duelo gossip for now!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ferro94 said...

I saw one of the commenters said something about this, quite a scandal! I can only imagine that Pablo Montero is much more charming and Ludwika is much less stupid in real life in order for this to happen.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Guys I think Ludwika crawled back to her husband and they are suppose to be making up after the Pablo scandal.

I think Pablo has a reputation of loving the ladies and leaving them. I guess Ludwika was just one of the gang. Boo hoo. Maybe they only got together to help the novela along?

7:24 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

Oh, interesting, Lynn. I'll try later to find some up-to-date news on ladykiller Pablo. It does make the show a bit more interesting to think they're a real item (or were).

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From what I have read in recent revistas, Ludwika is definitely back with her husband....but I sure would like to know FOR SURE!
Wow! Just saw that photo of Ludwika's husband, Carmel, and he does looke REMARKINGLY similar to orlando! Amazing. Meantime, I think orlando is kinda hot (especially his bod). Does anyone else think so? What's the dirt on him in real life?

11:57 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

Yes, I think he's hot, too. I don't know anything about him in real life, but I'll try to find some info and post a blog entry about it soon...

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola! No! Estas no Paulina Rubio pero Yo es mui encanta con "Alina". Mi mente es mui podrido. Somewhat seriously, i really enjoy this show and "the scandal" is living proof of 2 people dummer in life than their characters!
Feliz arruinar de la casa!

2:49 AM  
Blogger NONE said...

Jaime, I know what you mean, and it is a very dumb show, but I must admit that I enjoy it too.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home