Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Saturday, February 17, 2007

You didn't think I was done with Duelo character names?

EDELMIRA is the owner of the strip club (or whatever that place is. Gentleman's club?)

GRANILLO is Edelmira's cross-dressing employee.

DR VASQUEZ is Emilio's doctor.

JUANITO is Marianita's little singing friend.

CASTULO is Maximo's good-looking, willing-to-kill-Santos sidekick.

IFIGENIO is the servant who drove Thelma to Arriconada, or La Rinconada, or whatever Maximo's house is called. (If I were writing this show, I would have fewer servants. Let Castulo or Jaime drive the stagecoach. Or I'm sure Vera could handle it. Or Maximo could hire Gaspar to do the job. But no one asks me.)

I'm sure I'm still forgetting a few characters, but that's good because it will give me an excuse for yet another lazy blog post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home