Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

What, MORE Duelo de Pasiones character names?

How boring can I be with all these names? Very!

CARMEN is Santos's mother.

CRISTOBAL is the priest who inexplicably does nothing to help Alina and Soledad even though he knows about their plight. I guess it's God's will.

REBECA is Thelma's aunt (her name was finally mentioned on tonight's episode!)


JAIME is Vera's boyfriend or husband.

SUSI is Angel's nurse who for some reason wears teeny-tiny skirts.

Not sure but I think Carmen's confidante is named Chela. As for the dog -- Tonki, Donky, Tonqui, Donkey? Tahnkee maybe? No tengo la menor idea.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmel, I don't know if this will affect you in Florida, but here on the west coast the soccer game between Mexico and the U.S. is pushing all the telenovelas back an hour and a half, so for us Duelo is scheduled to start at 8:30 instead of 7:00.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind, it's Wednesday not Thursday. I'll let Lynn know. Is it Friday yet?????

11:17 AM  
Blogger NONE said...

Sylvia, that's useful information no matter what day it happens -- I'll check my TV guide. Thank you!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Ferro94 said...

I agree, what is up with the priest? For that matter, Santiago in Heridas took way too long to finally do the right thing too. He could have solved a lot of problems before some people died, but wouldn't do it. I know they invented a reason, but come on. I would like to believe that a real priest would actually focus on helping people.

2:04 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

You're right! If they're going to have a priest as a character, he should act like a priest! I find Father Cristobal a little creepy anyway -- he reminds me of Dave Navarro.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Ferro94 said...

Yes he does. He also reminds me of Tattoo from Fantasy Island, but normal sized and with a beard. He has the same face.

11:13 AM  
Blogger NONE said...

Hahahaaa!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home