Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Great Cachibombo Mystery

Sylvia wondered (in a comment on an earlier blog post) whether the "Cachibombo" song was written for "Juan Querendon." After a long Internet search, I still can't answer that question, but I can guess, and my guess is that the song was written for this telenovela, or at least was unknown before this telenovela, because there are relatively few references to it online and when it is mentioned, it's usually in conjunction with the show.

The song is performed by Eduardo Antonio, who also performs "Palomita" (heard on the show every time Juan starts thinking romantically about Paula). One show with THREE good theme songs -- it's hard to complain about that.


Now if only they would change the incidental music from one telenovela to another. Maybe it's me, but I could swear I keep hearing the same little pieces of music over and over.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ferro94 said...

Hi Carmel - I haven't been following Juan Q, so I haven't seen your name in a while. I'm doing Fridays for Amar Sin Limites now, I don't think you're watching as I haven't seen any comments from you. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

12:37 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

Hi, Ferro!! -- I really miss your Duelo recaps! Yes, there's actually something I miss about that ridiculous show. I'm not watching Amar Sin Limites, but I want to read your recaps anyway because I know they'll be fun. I'll go look now and see if you posted one on Friday...

9:43 PM  
Blogger Ferro94 said...

So far the show has proven to be a much higher quality show, which kind of hurts the recapping, at least for me. I saw your comment on my recap, thanks!
There are a few twists starting to surface - Silvana/Morticia's mother is doing phone sex from her apartment to make some money and Azul's gay brother seems to have taken a liking to Mauricio's right hand man Andres. Andres hasn't been shown to be gay at this point, but he was sweating a bit under Arnaldo's intense gaze. I think he might still be in the closet.
I hope the level of ridiculousness rises over time, I need something to make fun of in my recaps.

11:29 AM  
Blogger NONE said...

I know what you mean -- in retrospect, I was very lucky to end up recapping "Duelo" and not a far better show. But if there's anything to make fun of in Amar Sin Limites, I'm sure you'll find it!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee, you two are funny!

It's all I can do to keep up with Juan Querendon these days. I wish I had time to watch Amar...maybe after Labor Day my schedule will calm down a bit and I can get back into watching more than one telenovela.

Gosh, Duelo was easy to recap compared to Juan Querendon! It was silly and the dialogue was relatively simplistic, lots of swearing and "you'll pay one day."

2:06 AM  
Blogger NONE said...

Maldita sea! Te juro, tu vas a pagar muy caro! No es mi hija!

--and there you have pretty much the whole of Duelo!

Sylvia, I can hardly make heads or tails of the slang on Juan -- but you were right about the show, it's fun and I'm enjoying it a lot now.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog. You're definitely not the only English speaker addicted to telenovelas. I watch them to improve my Spanish. Pasion de Gavilanes was one of my favorites.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home