Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Monday, April 02, 2007

Pablo de Pasiones

Well, I said would post something about Pablo Montero, also known as Emilio in "Duelo de Pasiones," so I'd better hurry up and do it since the show seems to be drawing to a close.

I'll take the lazy way out and start, as always, with Wikipedia. It says Pablo Montero was born in August 1974, which makes him 32 years old. He's a teen idol who has been romantically linked to Susana Gonzalez (who played the lawyer Liliana on "Heridas de Amor"), and to another actress I've never heard of, and to three former Miss Universes. And that's all Wikipedia has to say.

I tried the Spanish version of Wikipedia, and what do you know? "No existe ningún artículo con el título que has escrito." Maybe Mexicans don't use Wikipedia much yet.

IMBD.com doesn't have anything to add except that he is 5' 10¾" tall and has acted in eight television shows since 1990. Judging by "Duelo," maybe he should stick to singing.

And can he sing? Well, here's a video from YouTube:

Que voy a hacer sin ti.

Kind of a boring song, but he's an OK crooner. And he looks good. I wouldn't mind being a former Miss Universe.

OK, time for some Spanish-language articles:
Pablo Montero lamenta su ruptura con Ludwika Paleta
Culpa Montero a la prensa
Biografía de Pablo Montero

And if you want to know his favorite color and what he wears to bed, here's an interview: Entre Chule y Paleta...

And with that I say adios to Señor Montero.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tut tut, he laments his rupture with Ludwika, eh? This guy sounds as boring in his personal life as he does in Duelo. I believe his ex-girlfriend was up for the part of Flor/Alina. Maybe he goes for convenience over true love. Oooh, that was a catty thing for me to say, wasn't it?

Interesting facts and research Carmel. Thanks!

7:31 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

No, he doesn't come across as very interesting, does he? Maybe if I understood more Spanish, I'd think otherwise. Or maybe not.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home