Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Not much at all about Orlando

In a comment on an earlier post, someone asked for info about the actor who plays Orlando in "Duelo de Pasiones." Well, his name is Alejandro Ávila, and according to IMDB.com he has been acting since 1990. (I remember seeing him in "Piel de Otoño" as Bruno, another smirking villainous role.)

That's all IMDB has to say, and there's no Wikipedia entry about him, so it's time to do an Internet search...

It seems there is an American murderer by the same name, so that's making the search more difficult. I don't see anything in English about Alejandro Ávila the actor except
this page, which says his birthday is February 9 (no year given). Guess I'll have to stop being lazy and start trying to translate.

But no, I can't find much in Spanish, either. Here's a fan site:
Alejandro Avila Club de Fans, but it requires registration so I won't bother with that. It doesn't seem to be very active, anyway.

So I tried but I cannot find any real info about this man... no biography, no gossip, nothing. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Maybe he's not a superstar, but he's a cute guy and you'd think someone somewhere would have SOMETHING to say about him. Anyone out there have any information to share?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to find anything either, other than one-liners from a couple of press releases that he was involved with a Big Brother fund-raiser and some sort of telethon. I guess if one avoids scandal the press isn't interested, eh? I also asked my friends at work who watch a lot of telenovelas and they know nothing about him.

6:37 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

I swear I will not rest until I learn this man's secrets! Or that's what I'd say if I were a telenovela character. I think I may be watching too many telenovelas.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Ferro94 said...

Don't you really mean - "He will pay dearly for this!"

12:51 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

YES, he will pay muy caro. Vas a arrepentir, Orlando, te juro!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So....are we going to give up on Orlandito? I find him very sexy and I need to know more about him. It is so strange to find nothing at all. Maybe after this week's performance, more people will be interested in this guy and something will come out in Mira or TVyNovelas or some other reliable (haha) source.

12:54 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

I hope so, Carole!!

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home