Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Las Tontas No Van a Cielo...

...but I wish they would already. What a drag this show turned out to be. A zillion and one characters and storylines going nowhere fast -- I mean slow. Month after month of Candi grinning in every scene except the ones where she cries. She's good at crying and should stick to that.

The one redeeming factor is Patricio. Valentino Lanus is now one of my favorite telenovela stars. He's made a potentially tedious character very endearing. Actually, most of the cast is pretty good.

It's just the show that's awful. It makes Duelo de Pasiones look like Shakespeare. Well, not really, but I feel like saying it anyway. Bad, bad, bad writing on Las Tontas Go Around in Pointless Circles With Frequent Detours Into Dead Ends. BAD! MUY MAL!

To pass the time while the show drones on, my family has taken to thinking up nicknames for whiny Lucia. We took a vote and she was dubbed Losercia. Her middle name is Mizerally because she's so miserable. We may start thinking up nicknames for Candi next.

Go away, Las Tontas. Come back, Duelo de Pasiones. All is forgiven! (Well, not really.)

(Btw, I ended up enjoying "Querida Enemiga" very much. Early on I called it vanilla, but I forgot that vanilla is my favorite ice cream flavor, and it seems I like vanilla telenovelas too.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home