Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Juan Querendon recap for Thursday, October 11

Again, this was written very quickly and I haven't edited it at all -- apologies for sloppiness.

Paula told Cesar Luis that Monica was suspicious because he had been acting strangely. She got a phone call from Juan and was affectionate to him because Cesar L. was listening. She agreed to go to Nidia's house for dinner.

Juan invited Enrique to dinner, too, saying Enrique was his soul brother and he wanted him there on such a special occasion.

Paula begged Ana to go with her to Nidia's house, but Ana refused because it would only give Juan more illusions.

Monica told Cesar Luis to stop acting like a victim because he wasn't one. She said she knew something must be going on because of the way CL was acting.

Alirio was trying to call Guti when Yadira wanted to use the phone. They had a shouting match and Nidia took Yadira's side. Alirio said he was leaving because he was tired of being treated this way. Nidia said, "The doors are open!"

Outside Alirio encountered Juan and told him he was leaving forever. "If you want to know more, ask the three wild animals who live here!"

Nidia told Juan that Alirio would be back soon, unfortunately. She and Yadira were happy to hear that Enrique was coming to dinner.

Juan decided to take a bath and left his room wearing a towel. He met Marely and told her his bathroom didn't have water (or something like that). He went to Nidia's room and asked to use her bathroom. Of course she offered to wash his back. He turned her down and locked himself into the bathroom. Nidia locked the bedroom door, had a drink, changed into a negligee, and called Juan.

Meanwhile Alirio returned, telling the girls he came to get his things. He yelled that he would never see them again etc.

Upstairs Juan tried to escape from Nidia. Naturally his towel fell off and Nidia got all goggle-eyed. He put the towel back on and again tried to escape. Nidia somehow managed to push him onto the bed just as Ailrio started knocking on the bedroom door and shouting for her to open it. Juan thought, "Now what I have I gotten myself into?"

Nidia tried to hide Juan under the bed covers, then in the closet but he said, "I don't fit." He begged her to tell Alirio the truth, but she said her reputation was at stake. After hiding him in the bathroom, she let Alirio into the room.

Alirio packed his bags, screaming, "I go until never!" When he headed for the bathroom, Nidi screamed and threw herself in front of the door (very subtle). Alirio went in and saw Juan pretending to fix the bathtub or some such thing. Alirio yelled, "Betrayal! Betrayal!" and called Juan a gigolo. He started running around breaking things.

Juan tried to reason with A-yellio, explaining why he was in Nidia's room. Alirio shouted, "Do you think I was born yesterday?" and finally socked Juan in the jaw. Nidia took Juan out of the room while Alirio yelled, "Coward! Chicken! If you want more, here I am!"

Nidia told Alirio only a pervert would think she could get involved with Juan, who was like a son to her. "I am a decent woman." She pretended to cry, saying she was humilliated. Alirio said, "You want me to leave, don't you?" Nidia said yes. Alirio shouted, "No! Now I'm staying! Don't think I'm going to leave the way free for you to live licentiously!" and started unpacking his bags.

Cesar Luis asked Monica if they could start over at zero. He asked her out to dinner and said maybe they could go dancing. Monica agreed and said, "I love you so much." Poor Monica.

Juan dressed up in his loudest outfit yet while Nidia told Marely and Yadira she "very much doubted" Paula would come to the house tonight.

When Juan knocked on Ana's door, Paula asked Ana to tell him she wanted Paula to stay home. Ana refused and went to bed. Paula opened the door and evaded Juan's kiss. Juan thought, "Ay, caray, bad start." Paula said, "So sorry, Juan, but I can't go out."

Juan lost his temper, saying he'd gone to a lot of trouble to arrange the evening. Paula said she had to help her mother prepare for her trip. Juan said, "Thanks for telling me!" Paula gave him a guilt trip about how much she would miss Ana.

Meanwhile Ana called Nidia and said Paula was "very confused and vulnerable." Apparently Nidia agreed to look after Paula. She said she would be an "example of conduct" to Paula -- ha!

Downstairs, Juan told Paula he understood and apologized to her. He said he wanted to talk to her mother before she left for her trip. Paula asked, "Why?" and Juan said, "To ask her for your hand."

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A-yellio - FUNny!!

...and WHY does CL torture Monica that way?? what a toad


...AND Paula just get worse and worse

thanks for such a timely recap - I am in later tz than you so this gives me a leg up before I watch the show

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carmel, I didn't want to read your recap until I finished mine because I thought that might be cheating. (How silly of me, cheating on telenovela recaps?) Nevertheless I'm relieved that my recap pretty much tracks along with yours. I love this show and it's gleeful outlook; so very different from Duelo. On the other hand, Duelo was much easier to recap.

I swear, there is a special place in hell for Paula and CL.

4:47 AM  
Blogger NONE said...

The only way I can recap Juan Q. is to try to ignore all the slang! So in that way I am cheating. (But I do have to eventually figure out what "chinches bravas" means because he says it so much.)

I'm going to go read your recap for this one now...

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home