Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Common Spanish Phrases in Telenovelas

Here are some basic sentences you should know when watching Spanish-language soaps (my apologies for any spelling errors):

Que haces aqui? - "What are you doing here?"
Necesito hablar contigo. - "I need to talk to you."
Te amo. - "I love you." (Seems to be used in a romantic sense only.)
Te odio! - "I hate you!"
Perdona me. - "Forgive me."
Con permiso. - "Excuse me" (said when leaving a room).
Estoy embarazada. - "I am pregnant."
Dios mio! - "My god!"
Suélteme! - "Let go of me!"

And a few advanced phrases:


Ella está muriendo! - "She is dying!"
Quiero un divorcio! - "I want a divorce!"
Donde está mi hijo? - "Where is my son?"

Está vivo! - "He is alive!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home