Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Friday, July 28, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 13

Fernanda told Fabricio that because Florencia is pregnant she has only weeks to live, rather than months. Fabricio said, "The baby can't be born" because Florencia is his entire life, and that he will tell her about it on their honeymoon.

After Fabricio left the room, Fernanda told Rebeca, "The loss of the baby guarantees nothing" (ie Florencia won't necessarily live).

Gonzalo called Fernanda's hospital supervisor, Benjamin, and asked him to fire Fernanda as a favor to him. Apparently for years Gonzalo has been using his influence to get Fernanda fired from jobs in order to make her life miserable. However, Benjamin refused to fire her for two reasons: First, because she is a good doctor, and second, because she has the protection of an important man (I think this is a reference to Alejandro).

After hanging up, Gonzalo said to himself, "Fernanda, you and this man who protects you will be sorry. I suppose he's your new lover. I will finish you both off."

Bertha called Cesar and (I think?) said she left something important in his apartment. Cesar said he can't help her because he's on his way to New York. Bertha then threatened to "denounce you to Interpol for financial espionage" and I think(?) she said she wants his house in Tabasco (Tabasco is the state where Gonzalo and Cesar have their country homes).

Furious, Cesar hung up, then went looking for something and found what appeared to be Alfredo's portfolio of jewelry designs. He tossed them aside, saying this can't be what Bertha is looking for.

The hospitalized old woman, Natividad, told a male attendant something about a tree (possibly a weeping willow), a pistol, and a trunk. She said, "I ran, I ran, I ran." The man didn't seem to take her seriously. I didn't understand this conversation but it probably has something to do with the night Gonzalo shot Alfredo.

Lisania (Alejandro's sister) complained about the heat in Mexico and her mother said she'll get used to it. The mother said she grew up in poverty and she'll never forget it. (I think the mother is Alejandro's stepmother but I'm still not sure.)

When Fernanda was introduced to Gonzalo before Florencia's wedding, she said, "At last I am in front of Gonzalo San Lorente." Gonzalo said, "Can we talk alone a moment, doctor."

In the library, Gonzalo ordered her to leave the house, then threatened to tell their daughters who she is. Fernanda said, "Tell them who I am, and I'll tell them who you are: a murderer!" Gonzalo said, "I know you have a new lover, but I swear I am going to destroy you both."

Everyone commented on Bertha's new look and called her beautiful. Bertha said, "I have many surprises; this is why I returned." Then she went into the library to see Gonzalo and Fernanda.

Fernanda said something like, "You have a lot of explaining to do, Bertha. Why have you never told Gonzalo that Renata takes drugs?" After Fernanda left the room, Gonzalo told Bertha, "You have many things to explain."

When Bertha was alone, she said to herself, "You are not going to ruin my plans, Fernanda. You are going to wish you had not returned, stupid!"

Right before the wedding, Miranda berated Fabricio for marrying Florencia, saying, "I want my sister to be happy, but not you," and complained that Fab. has never said, "I'm sorry, Miranda. Please forgive me." Fabricio (still upset by the news that Florencia is on the verge of death) told her, "I am paying. You don't know the price I pay."

As the wedding started, Miranda said to herself, "Forgive me, God. I want him to be happy because I love him always."

When Miranda wanted to leave the ceremony, Alejandro told her, "You can't avoid this moment. Confront it as what you are: a lady." Later he said something to her about an oak, and she said, "I am not an oak. I am a woman."

After the ceremony, Florencia asked Bertha to live with her and Fabricio after the honeymoon. Bertha agreed. Alejandro noticed Bertha's necklace, and she told him, "Someone very special gave it to me." Alejandro whispered to Lisania, "Bertha has my father's designs!"

Gonzalo told Fernanda, "For your good, it is better that you disappear from my life." Fernanda retorted, "The persecution is over," then told him he should be more concerned about Florencia because she's pregnant.

Fabricio hugged Miranda and whispered in her ear, "Forgive me, Miranda," and Miranda promptly fainted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home