Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 21

Alejandro accused Fernanda of falling out of love with his father (Alfredo) too easily, saying, "For you love is a passing whim." Fernanda told him that wasn't true, that Gonzalo is the love of her life. Alejandro asked, "How can you say that, after all you've suffered due to him?"

After learning father was arrested, Renata complained, "Not only are we ruined, we have a delinquent for a father!" Florencia fainted at the news.

Bertha, Renata, and Miranda began squabbling. Miranda said, "If my father doesn't come back, the only person who makes decisions here is me." Bertha said, "You're wrong. It's me." Miranda told Bertha to leave the house, but Renata and Bertha said Miranda is the one who should leave.

Fabricio interceded and told them all to calm down, and Miranda said he was right and apologized. Bertha reluctantly agreed that they should stop squabbling.

Nuria told Cesar that Bertha knows she's pregnant. Cesar flipped out because he told Nuria not to tell anyone. Nuria said she only told Bertha because Bertha is her godmother, and it's thanks to Bertha that she got the secretarial job in Gonzalo's office. I didn't catch all of this conversation, but apparently Nuria doesn't know who her parents are(?)

Cesar wondered why Bertha is so interested in Nuria. He told her, "We're going to find out who your parents are," and warned her that Bertha is a "bad, perverse woman."

Daria gave Bertha's necklace to Alejandro, saying Bertha delivered it "in a hostile way."

Florencia told Miranda that Fabricio doesn't love her because he told her not to have the baby. Miranda said Fab. is only thinking of Florencia's health, but Florencia doesn't believe it. She said, "I'm a little delicate, but a baby's not going to kill me." She told Miranda, "Promise me you won't talk to Fabricio unless it's necessary. For my peace of mind." Miranda said, "I swear." Florencia thanked her and hugged her.

Then Florencia went to Bertha and said, "I did everything you told me to, aunt." Bertha said, "You did what any woman would in your place, defended your man." Florencia sharply told Bertha to get rid of the dog because she (Florencia) is allergic to it. Bertha just petted the dog and said, "Miranda doesn't know what is waiting."

Raul (the gang member) called Lisania and asked her out for coffee, and she agreed.

Joel (one of Raul's brothers) asked Amparo (their aunt) why she never married. She said their mother died young and their father was working all day, so she had to raise his children, and they're the children she couldn't have. Overhearing this, Raul told her, "You're the best. Forgive me," and hugged her. Amparo asked why she should forgive him, but Raul didn't answer.

Bertha called Alejandro and asked him to go with her to see Gonzalo tomorrow (in jail). Alejandro agreed.

Miranda said to herself, "I'm alone. I can't count on anyone. I am fragile, you are right, Alejandro. Help me. All this is too much for me. Tomorrow I'm going to talk to you. My father trusts you. Help me to trust you, too, please."

Julio's son Angel called Rebeca, who told them Julio is in intensive care and asked why they are accusing Gonzalo of fraud. Angel hung up and asked his brother, Daniel, if he thinks Julio is really going to die. Daniel said, "What did our mother always say?" and Angel replied, "If a problem has a solution, worry. If it doesn't, don't worry." With that they both seemed to shrug off their father's illness.

Alejandro dreamt that Miranda was telling him she loves him. He said to her (in the dream), "I never had a love like this. I am going crazy. I love you." Then he woke up and said out loud, "You are not going to play with me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home