Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 16

Renata told Miranda, "Open your eyes! Doctor Fernandez [ie Fernanda] is after our father." Renata thinks that because that's what Bertha told her.

Bertha told Gonzalo, "I am capable of anything for you and your daughters. Permit me to show my loyalty," then kissed him. After he rejected her, she said to herself, "I am going to destroy you and your daughters!"

Miranda told Bertha, "I know you and my mother were in love with the same man. Thanks to you, they separated. Who was the man?" Bertha said, "He is dead. Are you satisfied?" Miranda demanded to know his name, and Bertha said, "Look for him among the tombs, because that's the only way you'll find him, but watch out for ghosts."

Gonzalo told Tomasa, the servant, "You've known Fernanda her entire life. No one knows her as well as you do. Tell me, did she ever really love me?" Tomasa said, "Yes, with all her soul," and Gonzalo said, "Don't lie. Fernanda destroyed my life."

Juan went to visit his neighbor, Carola, and she warned him that his brother, Raul, doesn't want him to leave town and is trying to join "Sanson's gang." Juan was worried about Raul and I think he also commented, "Sanson hates me."

Gabino, the employee who secretly beat Miranda's horse on Bertha's orders, told Miranda he is sorry he couldn't save the horse's life. Miranda asked him if Bertha had anything to do with it. He didn't answer, and Miranda told him, "You don't have to say anything else."

Miranda told all the servants not to obey Bertha's orders. Bertha found out about it, then called the servants together and sweet talked them until one said, "If you want anything, just ask. You are the boss."

Cesar told Miranda that the stock market 's drop has financially ruined Gonzalo and that it's all Alejandro's fault. Miranda confronted Alejandro, saying, "You are a vulgar speculator who came to ruin my father!"

Tomasa and Pamela told Fernanda to tell Miranda the truth, that she is Miranda's mother.

Bertha told Renata that she's interested in Alejandro, and Renata revealed that she recently saw Alejandro kissing Miranda in the garden. Bertha of course was jealous.

Gonzalo ordered Rebeca to find out who Fernanda's protector is. Rebeca said, "Give me more time." Then she asked him, "Have you forgiven Fabricio?" (ie for betraying Miranda), and Gonzalo replied, "Do you think I'm capable of doing harm to Fabricio?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home