Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 15

After Florencia begged Gonzalo to marry Bertha, Gonzalo told Bertha to stop her intrigues.

Alejandro promised Florencia he will make Miranda forget about Fabricio. Miranda told Pamela, "Strange that Alejandro is acting interested in my sister."

Fabricio and Cesar argued again about their family's two houses, Fabricio saying he will live in them with Florencia and Rebeca, and Cesar saying he will live in them with Miranda. Fabricio said, "What are you going to do, kill me?" and Cesar said, "If necessary."

Gonzalo told Fernanda he likes to see her tremble, and Fernanda said, "I'm not afraid."

One of Amparo's nephews, Raul, went to his blonde neighbor, Carola, and said (I think) that he wants to join a gang to get money to help his family. She told him this is a bad idea, so he apparently went off on his own to find the gang.

Before leaving on his honeymoon with Florencia, Fabricio hugged Miranda and whispered in her ear, "Wait for me. I'll be back."

Bertha asked Alejandro to take her back to her hotel, and Miranda said sharply, "Alejandro is with me." Bertha said to herself, "We will see who gives the orders."

Miranda told Pamela that she likes Fernanda because she's so pleasant to be around. "So maternal?" Pamela said. Miranda said, "I feel so calm at her side. I am going to investigate her life."

Gonzalo told Renata, "Forget using your credit cards. You have lost my confidence. Next time you take drugs, you are going to a rehab, do you understand?"

Later he told Miranda that Renata has everything a young person could want, "a car, clothes, trips, money, what more does she want?" Miranda said Renata is troubled because she doesn't have a mother. Gonzalo said, "You and Florencia don't take drugs," and Miranda said, "The three of us are very different." Gonzalo broke down and said it was all his fault.

Rebeca asked Fernanda who her protector is, and Fernanda, realizing Rebeca was asking on Gonzalo's behalf, said, "You're so transparent, Rebeca. Tell Gonzalo the man who is protecting me is very rich and powerful!"

Rebeca asked Cesar why he hates Fabricio, and Cesar said, "He's an imbecile and a disgrace. He wants Florencia to be his wife and Miranda his lover. That is your model son!" Rebeca didn't seem to believe him.

That night, Alejandro thought to himself, "I promise you, Florencia. I am going to marry Miranda."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home