Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Friday, August 11, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 23

Renata was framed for shoplifting by her drug-dealer "friend." She swore to Miranda that she didn't do it, and Miranda believed her and paid for the items so Renata wouldn't be arrested.

Bertha brought Florencia to Fernanda for a check-up and they were both rude to Fernanda, apparently because Bertha has told Florencia not to trust Fernanda, and Florencia does whatever Bertha says.

Florencia told Bertha that Miranda is jealous of Bertha's relationship with Alejandro, and Bertha claimed she isn't interested in Alejandro.

Gonzalo confronted Cesar about framing him for fraud, saying, "I'm going to kill you, simpleton. You and Julio planned all of this." Cesar sneered, "You know nothing."

Gonzalo ordered Cesar not to return to the business, and Cesar said, "No one is going to tell me not to go anywhere!" Gonzalo was then taken away to prison.

Daira asked Alejandro to help Gonzalo, but he said the case is very complicated and he can't do anything. He said he's still suspicious of Fernanda, saying he doesn't know whether to believe her story about the past or Bertha's. Daira encouraged him to believe in Fernanda, saying, "Trust your heart. Bertha is like a demon."

Fernanda told Miranda that Florencia's baby is fine but Florencia probably won't survive the pregnancy.

Miranda told Fernanda that she hates her mother for abandoning her daughters and causing them so many problems (not knowing Fernanda is her mother).

Miranda called Julio's sons, Daniel and Angel, and told them Julio is dying in the hospital. Again they shrugged this off, saying Miranda is hysterical and angry at them because they accused her father of fraud.

Fabricio apologized to Florencia and told her he loves her. Miranda overheard this conversation and seemed to finally realize that Fabricio and Florencia really are in love. She asked if Florencia had taken her medicine yet, and Florencia smiled and said, "Miranda always takes care of me like a mother and treats me as if I'm made of crystal."

Miranda went to her room and prayed that Florencia won't die, then said to herself, "Where is my family?" and impulsively called Alejandro.

Alejandro asked why she was crying. Miranda said she didn't know and apologized for bothering him. He invited her out. After hanging up, Miranda said to herself, "Why did I call Alejandro? Why am I so nervous?"

At the restaurant, Miranda asked Alejandro to tell her what's going on with her father's case. He told her Gonzalo was taken to prison, but assured her, "You're not alone, Miranda." Miranda said, "I want to fight and I can't," and Alejandro encouraged her.

Miranda asked, "Why did you kiss Bertha? If I were a man, she would be the last woman I'd be interested in." Alejandro explained, "Bertha has something of mine, and I want to get it back."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home