Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 24

Lisania called Raul. She asked who had answered the phone, and he said, "My neighbor. I don't have a phone at home."

Later they met and Raul asked Lisania why she, a rich girl, was spending time with him after he stole her purse in the restaurant. She said, "My mother says eyes are the windows to the soul" and something about liking his eyes.

Over the phone Bertha ordered Veronica (the drug dealer) to tell the whole world that Renata was caught shoplifting. I think Bertha probably paid Veronica to frame Renata, because she asked Veronica, "Renata doesn't suspect anything, right?"

Bertha then encountered Tomasa in the hallway and told her she would be seeing her granddaughter soon. Tomasa said Miranda had gone out with Alejandro, that he's a handsome man and a good match for Miranda etc. This angered Bertha, who said, "Forget about seeing your granddaughter!" (I am still guessing that the granddaughter is Nuria.)

Bertha then went to Renata's room and lectured her for supposedly shoplifting, saying, "A thief in the house! One more sorrow!" Renata remembered unfairly calling Juan a thief and apparently felt guilty now that she's also been falsely accused.

Next Bertha caught Miranda kissing Alejandro and told her, "Alejandro is for me, Miranda."

Miranda retorted, "A shame he doesn't think the same. You separated me from Fabricio because my sister is sick. If you think you are going to separate me from Alejandro, you are completely crazy. You separated my mother from the man she loved. Why is this man dead? Did you kill him?"

After Bertha left, Miranda closed the door and said something like, "I did it!" (I guess she was happy because she stood up to Bertha?) In the hallway, Bertha said to herself something like, "I hate her! She is going to pay dearly!"

Alejandro went home and told Daira that he's in love with Miranda, saying, "I can't handle my emotions. I've never felt like this about a woman. And at my age! I feel like an adolescent! I've always been in control of my actions, the situation." Daira congratulated him.

The next day Alejandro went to Fernanda and told her, "I came to tell you I'm in love." She asked who the woman was, and he said, "Your daughter, Miranda."

Miranda told Pamela that Alejandro only kissed Bertha because Bertha has something he wants. Pamela said, "It must be something very important for him to kiss Bertha."

Fernanda told Pamela that her mentally ill mother can't come home from the hospital, and Pamela was upset.

Miranda became emotional about something and Fernanda comforted her, saying, "If necessary I would give my life for you." Miranda didn't seem to think that was an odd thing to say.

In jail, Gonzalo said to himself, "This can't be happening to me. What will happen to my daughters? How is Florencia? I have to get out of here."

Cesar told Roman (the detective) to investigate "my secretary, Nuria Gomez," and also to find out who Fernanda's protector is.

Bertha told Renata that all her friends know she's a kleptomaniac. Renata got upset and pointed out that Miranda came and helped her when she was accused of shoplifting while Bertha did nothing.

Bertha apologized, saying, "How can I be angry at you? You are my love." Then she hid a necklace in Renata's room, saying something to herself about Miranda being too busy with Alejandro to rescue Renata this time.

Bertha visited the priest (whom she calls Santiago) and asked if he knows Miranda. He said yes, then recognized Bertha and said, "What are you doing here!" She said something about being his friend and he replied, "You are not a friend. You are a demon personified!" He then accused her of killing his sister Sofia (Alejandro's mother) years ago, saying, "Murderer!"

Bertha said, "She had cancer. That was what killed her, not me." Santiago asked who tampered with his sister's pills. Bertha said she knows who did it, and he said, "For the salvation of your soul, tell me who it is!" Bertha did not reply but behaved flirtatiously before she left.

The priest prayed, saying something like, "Lord, this is the proof of my faith."

At the end of the episode, a prisoner approached Gonzalo and introduced himself as Magnate (or something like that). He told Gonzalo not to use his real name but to call himself Duque (Duke). At the end Magnate said something I didn't catch about someone killing someone -- possibly someone wanting to kill Gonzalo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home