Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 25

A prisoner introduced himself to Gonzalo as El Magnate ("the Tycoon"). He warned Gonzalo that "they" intend to kill him, but I don't think he said who they are.

Gonzalo's lawyer warned him that an architect named Osvaldo wants to kill him. He said, "You are at the mercy of this man." Gonzalo didn't seem surprised by this news. I didn't understand the rest of the conversation so I don't know why the architect wants to kill Gonzalo.

Cesar visited Gonzalo and threatened him, saying he knows Gonzalo killed someone and therefore Gonzalo should negotiate with him. He said, "Convince Miranda to marry me." Gonzalo said, "You are crazy!" Cesar also said something about giving Florencia a shock that will kill her.

Later Gonzalo said to himself, "I am going to kill Cesar with my own hands. How can I protect my daughters? Alejandro is the only one I can trust."

Bertha claimed that her pearl necklace had been stolen, crying, "I will die if I don't find it! It was my mother's favorite!" After it turned up in Renata's room (where Bertha hid it), Bertha said, "Renata, how could you?"

Renata said, "I swear I don't know what happened!" and Bertha promised not to tell anyone "that you are sick." Renata asked what she meant, and Bertha said, "Possibly you have kleptomania."

Lisania invited herself to dinner at Raul's house, saying she wants to meet his parents. He told her, "Thank you for being like this, without prejudice."

Lisania then went home and told her mother she's in love. Daira was happy until she realized it was a poor boy, then she said, "Oh, Lisania, not again." Lisania said, "Raul is very noble and handsome." Daira told her she shouldn't go out with a poor person, but Lisania said, "Raul is different."

Fabricio asked Alejandro why he's so interested in Florencia, and Alejandro revealed that Florencia is his half sister. Fab. later called his mother and shared this news.

Alejandro went to see a jeweler named Roberto and showed him the necklace he got from Bertha, asking if Roberto made it. Roberto said, "Yes, from one of your father's designs," and explained that he got the design from Bertha.

That night Alejandro gave Miranda a necklace, then said, "I want you to spend all the nights with me," and gave her a diamond ring designed by his father. He said, "Will you marry me?"

Miranda said, "Yes, I accept. But not now. It's not the moment. Don't take it the wrong way." Alejandro said, "How can I not take it wrong? This moment will never return." Miranda said she can't accept gifts from him, and Alejandro said, "It is not my gift - it is my desire, to be with you forever."

Miranda said, "Thank you for your words, your love, your proposal, but I can't. Give me time. It is the only thing I ask."

At dinner, Miranda told him that she's upset about her father and sisters' problems. Alejandro comforted her, and Miranda said, "I can never thank you for all you've done." Alejandro said he doesn't want her thanks but her love.

He told her, "For the first time I am in love." Miranda replied, "I don't believe it. You, a man of the world, rich, handsome, without any story of love to tell?" Then she said, "It makes me afraid."

Alejandro asked, "To love, or to be loved?" and Miranda said, "Both. For me right now, love is synonymous with sadness." Alejandro said, "They say love is like madness. I am crazy in love with you!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home