Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 26

Fabricio told Bertha he knows she deliberately split him and Miranda because she hates Miranda, and not to treat him like a child because he's the man of the house. As usual, Bertha just snickered.

Bertha called Cesar and urged him to make Miranda fall in love with him. Cesar asked for "a repeat of the other night" (when Bertha spent the night with him), and Bertha said, "First you win Miranda over, then we'll have a repeat of the other night."

When Alejandro brought Miranda home from their date, the maid, Charo (I think that's her name) told Miranda that Bertha accused her of being a thief and threw her out of the house.

Cesar showed up and insisted on speaking to Miranda alone. After Alejandro left, Miranda told Cesar that Al. proposed to her. Cesar said, "Are you crazy? Never would I think you could forget Fabricio, my brother, my blood!" Then he told Miranda he loves her, saying, "Please, open your eyes, accept being with me. Give me a chance."

Miranda said no, she respects him but nothing more, and Cesar asked if that was her last word. Miranda said, "Si."

Fernanda told Rebeca that she's going to Tabasco to see her daughters. Rebeca said, "You are going to kill Florencia" (from the surprise of finding out Fernanda is her mother), and Fernanda said, "My daughter is not going to die. If necessary, I will give my heart so she can live!"

Rebeca begged Fernanda to cancel her trip and remain at the hospital to take care of Julio, saying Fernanda is "abandoning her patient." Fernanda replied that Julio will be in good hands with another doctor, that she is worried about Florencia and must see her, and Rebeca retorted, "Don't be a hypocrite. You didn't see your daughters for years." They had an argument about this but Fernanda refused to change her mind.

Juan told his father and aunt that Raul's new girlfriend is very rich. They looked worried. Later Alejandro told Lisania she should break up with Raul because he's poor.

Gonzalo told Alejandro that Cesar wants to marry Miranda. He said, "Cesar wants to extort me. He knows that I killed a man." Alejandro asked why he commited murder, and Gonzalo said, "I killed him because he was a wretch! He was a miserable dog! I am a man of honor, Alejandro."

Alejandro said, "Sooner or later you are going to pay for this murder. Who was this man?" (Of course, Alejandro knows it was his own father.)

Gonzalo replied, "I don't know his name. It was not a crime. It was justice. The body was in the river, and no one has ever found it." Alejandro said, "The dead always return for revenge," and Gonzalo replied that right now he wants to take care of the living. He thanked Alejandro for "paying for my security" (in the prison, I suppose).

Alejandro went home and ranted to Daira, "I am going to kill Gonzalo San Llorente with my own hands!" because his father spent years in pain due to Gonzalo's murder attempt. Daira tried to talk him out of seeking revenge, asking, "Are you prepared to lose Miranda?" Alejandro angrily said he'll do anything for revenge.

One of Cesar's co-workers (I don't know his name) mentioned to Nuria that he's getting divorced after less than a year of marriage. Nuria blurted that she's engaged to Cesar, adding, "I am expecting Cesar's child!" The man was surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home