Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 36

Miranda told Alejandro she saw his father's portfolio of designs on Bertha's bed, and promised to get it back for him. Alejandro mentioned that his mother died of cancer when he was 10. (His mother, Sofia, was the one Bertha killed by switching her medications.)

He told Miranda to marry him and said his money will be at her disposal. "I love you. I will give everything I have not to see you sad." Miranda took offense to this, saying, "I am never going to marry a man to save my father from ruin." Alejandro said he didn't mean it that way.

Rebeca told a maid that Julio is moving in with her. Julio said maybe his sons wouldn't like that, and Rebeca told him his sons couldn't be bothered to visit him after his heart attack. "They are as selfish as Cesar."

Bertha told Fernanda she was Gonzalo's lover before and after his marriage to Fernanda. Fernanda said, "Yes, but I was the love of Alfredo's life, and I am Gonzalo's wife!" which upset Bertha.

Fernanda accused Bertha of arranging the confrontation between Alfredo and Gonzalo, and said Bertha will have a lot of explaining to do after Gonzalo gets out of jail. Bertha replied, "One word from you and Florencia will die."

When Lisania arrived with Raul, Renata was rude to him because he's poor. Florencia told Raul not to listen to Renata, that Juan is here to help her and his brother is welcome here too. Renata's friends convinced Renata to "apologize" to Raul, which she did saying she had only objected to his presence because she didn't want her pregnant sister to catch an infection from him. Raul said, "I accept your apology."

Juan explained to Raul that Fernanda is the girls' mother but her daughters don't know it. Raul said Renata's house is like a place in a movie, and after seeing it he believes he should break up with Lisania because they are from different classes. Juan said poor people like them need to be hard-working so rich people will respect them.

Miranda and Rebeca asked Julio to support Miranda against Luciano's attempt to sell the business, but Julio told Miranda not to count on him. (I think he's upset because Gonzalo broke up their partnership by giving the business to Miranda.) Miranda said resolutely, "My father's business is not going to disappear."

The priest, Santiago, visited Alejandro and asked him about his relationship with Bertha. Alejandro angrily told his uncle not to treat him like a child, not to interrogate him. He explained that Bertha has his father's portfolio and he wants it back.

Santiago apologized and said, "Only take care," because Bertha is a very bad woman. Alejandro said, "I already know who she is," and the priest replied, "No, I assure you, no one knows what this woman is." He asked Alejandro to stop seeking revenge for what happened to his father, to leave it in God's hands. Alejandro said angrily, "You are a saint and I am a man," and stormed out.

After her argument with Bertha, Fernanda said to herself, "I can't wait any longer. Miranda has to know who I am." She called and arranged to meet Miranda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home