Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 57

Charito decided to read the letter she found in Tomasa's room. It was addressed to Norma Gomez Ramos, and said, "You aren't alone in the world. You have me, your grandmother. A bad woman snatched you from my arms, and I'm never going to see you again."

After finding the hidden papers in Alfredo's portfolio, Bertha said to herself, "Finally I have Alejandro in my hands." She remembered Alfredo telling her (on the night of the shooting) that he still loved Fernanda even though he hadn't seen her in years. Bertha urged him to convince Fernanda to leave Gonzalo.

Remembering this, Bertha started to cry, saying that everyone loves Fernanda and not Bertha etc etc., "Fernanda provoked my misfortune!"

Daira asked Lisania why she's been moody. Lisania apologized and Daira told her she should be apologizing to Alejandro, who's been like a father to her. She said, "What is it, Lisania. Are you in love again?" Lisania said yes, but asked Daira not to question her. Daira said, "Remember that we are here," then told herself, "Lisania is hiding something, and I have to discover what it is."

Charito told Santiago that Bertha wasn't really in the kitchen with her when Tomasa died. Then she said, "I have a sin to confess." I think the sin was that she read Tomasa's letter. She begged Santiago to take it, and reluctantly he agreed.

After the wedding ceremony, Amparo told Renata to be happy with Juan, saying, "I'm sure you're not going to find anyone better than him."

Renata thanked Francisco for letting her and Juan live with him, saying, "We will be here days, no more." Francisco said, "As long as you want."

Carola introduced herself to Renata and said, "I'm sure we're going to be good friends." Carola hugged Juan and Renata, enraged, pulled him aside and snarled, "I don't want that fatty touching or kissing you!" Juan said, "Carola is like part of the family."

Everyone ate Amparo's mole and rice (except Renata) and said how wonderful it was. Someone asked Renata what dish she's best at preparing, and she said she can't make anything because she's always had a cook.

Fabricio called Miranda and told her he's bringing Florencia home tomorrow. Alejandro jealously asked why Miranda was talking to Fab. instead of Florencia. Later he admitted to Daira that he's jealous whenever Miranda talks to Fabricio or Cesar.

Daira advised him to tell Miranda the truth about everything (seeking revenge on Gonzalo, Florencia being his sister, etc.) Alejandro said, "What if she doesn't forgive me?" He said love is an unknown land for him, "With a smile Miranda moves my world."

Cesar told Rebeca, "Your moral obligation is to support Julio, not Gonzalo." Rebeca said, "You're right." Julio overheard this and was pleased. Cesar asked Julio whether he plans to sell his company shares to Luciano or Bertha. Julio asked, "What do you recommend?" and Cesar said, "Sell them to Luciano."

Bertha told the dog, "I have Alfredo's designs and, above all, his money, signed and notarized." I think(?) she said what she found was Alfredo's will, with the line for the beneficiary's name left blank (not sure about this).


She called Alejandro and cooed, "I have to see you. I have your father's designs." After hanging up she said, "You're not going to be happy until you have the portfolio in your arms. Suffer, suffer, Alejandro. Suffer until you understand I love you" (or something like that).

Veronica gave Renata her car key and Juan demanded an explanation. Giggling, Veronica revealed that she bet her car that Renata couldn't get Juan to propose marriage. Juan yelled, "For that you married me? For a bet?"

Renata insisted, "I love you!" Juan said, "Look me in the eyes and tell me the truth. Did you bet you could get me to propose?" Renata started to cry.

Juan said, "I know girls of your class have different forms of entertainment" but this is too much. "My family opened its arms to a girl who makes fun of them!" Renata begged, "Give me a chance to prove how much I love you!" but Juan stormed out, saying (I think), "When I return, I don't want you here!"

A doctor told Gonzalo that Florencia's heart condition is hereditary, either her father or mother must have it. "It's strange she doesn't respond to treatment."

Santiago read Tomasa's letter about having her granddaughter taken away by a bad woman. He said, "Lord, I don't understand why this letter doesn't use Bertha's name. It only calls her 'she,' but we know who she is." Bertha walked in and he told her not to give him that demonic smile.

Bertha ordered him to do something (not sure what, I missed this part), and Santiago said, "What are you going to do? Kill me like you did Tomasa?"

Miranda told Cesar that she's going out with Alejandro tonight. Cesar touched her face and said, "Let's all three go. We'll have a good time." Alejandro arrived just then and shouted, "Let go of her, Cesar!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home