Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 53

Sanson tried to drag Carola out of Amparo's apartment and Alejandro came to her rescue, punching Sanson. After Sanson left, I think Alejandro said he's going to call the police and tell them that Sanson's gang stole his car.

Bertha found Tomasa's envelope and asked Charito what it was. Charito lied smoothly, saying it was just her own personal papers, her birth certificate and so forth. Bertha lost interest. Charito told herself that she won't open the envelope because it's not hers; instead she'll bring it to the priest.

Cesar begged his mother to talk to Miranda on his behalf, saying he loves Miranda and wants to marry her. Rebeca agreed to look for an opportunity to speak to Miranda.

Juan told his father he wants to marry Renata and move her in with the family. Francisco said it's not a good idea because Renata is used to a life of luxury. Juan said, "One day I'm going to be a famous doctor and make a lot of money."

Veronica went to get an AIDS test.

Andrea told Leonardo (who is supposedly her long lost husband), "Now you are going to tell me who you are, because one thing is very clear. You are not my husband." Leonardo admitted that she's right, he's not really Leonardo, then said he would tell her where Leonardo is.

Bertha visited Gonzalo, saying she had business with him. Later she told Luis Alberto that she's now working for San Lorente Investments and is going to have her own office. She asked him, "You're in love with Nuria, right?" Luis Alberto looked surprised but didn't say no.

Juan told Renata he wants to marry her in a civil ceremony tomorrow. Renata wants to keep it secret from her father, apparently. Veronica arrived and asked Juan if it's possible her symptoms are psychological. Juan said yes, it's possible.

Renata asked Veronica, Erika, and Charito to be witnesses at the civil ceremony. She said it's not really a wedding; after Gonzalo gets his money back, she and Juan will have a real wedding.

Veronica said she'll have to give Renata her car because Renata won their bet (by getting Juan to propose marriage). Renata told Erika, "Tomorrow I'll tell her to forget the bet. I don't need a car. Besides, thanks to her I'm going to marry Juan."

Alejandro visited Gonzalo and said, "I want to ask for Miranda's hand." Gonzalo snarled, "You are never going to marry my daughter!" He said he knows now that Alejandro never really wanted to do business with him, "you had other intentions." Alejandro admitted, "I wanted to finish you off." Gonzalo demanded to know why.

Alejandro said, "It's not important any more. The only that is important is her happiness" (ie Miranda's). Gonzalo told him, "Go to hell!"

Bertha told Miranda she's working for the business now. Miranda said, "What do you know about business? The only thing you've done in life is scheme." Bertha whined that Miranda had humiliated her by saying this. She asked Alejandro to speak with her privately, but Alejandro refused and Miranda grinned at Bertha.

Miranda asked Alejandro if they're getting married too soon. He said no, "If I am your husband, your father will let me help him."

Next Bertha complained to Gonzalo, who said, "You have a life of luxury. What more do you want?" She said, "I want you to love me, not Fernanda. I want to mean something to you. For years I hid your crime. That makes me a murderer's accomplice."

She asked Gonzalo why Alejandro visited the office, and Gonzalo said, "He came to inform me he's going to marry Miranda." Bertha looked upset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home