Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 44

After kissing Juan, Renata told him, "Everything is going to be as you want." Later she asked him if it's true that his mother was dead, and commented that she also has no mother.

Juan mentioned that his father works as a "burro" but I don't know what that means exactly -- some kind of menial job?

After asking Raul about his involvement with the gang, Alejandro apologized, saying, "I have no right to question you. I am only asking as a friend." Francisco replied that Alejandro is "a part of the family, like a brother." Alejandro said he'll go with Francisco to confront Sanson, and Amparo thanked him.

Miranda warned Pamela that Luciano's intentions toward her probably aren't good.

Gonzalo arrived at Fernanda's apartment and said, "I came to tell you to leave Mexico" (I think he meant Mexico City). He said he wants her as far from their daughters as possible.

Fernanda refused to leave. She accused Gonzalo of working with Bertha to "set a trap" for her on the night Alfredo was shot. Gonzalo called that accusation "stupidity," and Fernanda said yes, she was stupid not to realize Gonzalo was having an affair with her sister.

Gonzalo said what happened between him and Bertha meant nothing to him. Fernanda asked, "Then why did you do it?" and Gonzalo snarled, "I'm not going to give explanations."

Cesar called Miranda and asked her to come to his place to discuss something urgent. Unfortunately I missed most of their conversation, but I think he told her that Gonzalo shot Alfredo. His intention appears to be to turn her against Gonzalo.

Miranda, devastated, said, "How could he kill that man?" Cesar also told her how Gonzalo persecuted Fernanda for years. Miranda made a phone call that somehow confirmed this. She commented on how little she knows her own father.

Cesar said, "You can't evade reality. You are not alone. I am with you." Miranda fainted, giving Cesar a chance to kiss her and say, "You are mine."

Raul told Amparo that he's leaving home because his father threw him out. Amparo begged him to stay, saying Francisco spoke in a moment of anger, but Raul left after asking for her blessing.

Fabricio begged Florencia to help him, saying he's "very confused" about her hostile attitude toward him. Florencia replied, "I think I am in love with another man. To be clear, I think I am in love with Alejandro Luque." (Fabricio, of course, unlike Florencia, knows that Alejandro is her half brother.)

Meanwhile Fernanda insisted to Alejandro that she can't tell Florencia that Gonzalo isn't her real father because it will kill Florencia.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n Sylvia Sharkbait said...

Wow, I'm amazed you translate every episode. Very impressive! Keep up the good work.

9:53 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

Thank you! I've been doing it in email for my grandmother. First Piel de Otono, then Peregrina. Finally realized I might as well start a blog to post the summaries so someone else can get some use out of them. Glad someone finally is!

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home