Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 39

Gonzalo remembered the night of the shooting. He wanted to call the police, but Bertha said, "I will take care of everything. Your daughters will never know what happened." She also told him Fernanda had never loved him.

Fernanda yelled at Alejandro, "I never should have left my daughters! I hate you, Alfredo!" Alejandro reminded her that he's not his father. She apologized and said she didn't know what came over her. She said it was Alfredo's fault that she was forced to give up her daughters. Alejandro said, "But what made him think you would leave with him?"

Fernanda said she thinks Bertha let Alfredo into the house that night. Alejandro, surprised, said his father had always loved Fernanda but hardly mentioned Bertha.

Daniel was angry because Julio moved in with Rebeca. He told his brother Angel, "Don't forget all the times our mother cried because of Rebeca." He ordered Julio to come home with him and Angel. Julio slapped him and said, "I am your father. Treat me with respect."

Roman came to visit Amparo and told Francisco, "I like Amparo and I'm going out with her. We are of age and don't need permission." Francisco said he's the one who gives orders in the house. Roman told Amparo, "Francisco is your brother, not your father." Amparo said, "It is his house," and Roman said, "For years you've been a nanny and a servant for free, haven't you?" Amparo told him he'd better leave. Francisco said something to himself like, "What did I do wrong? My father would have done the same."

Miranda talked to the wives of the cocoa collectors who left the hacienda. The women said they can do the work and the children can open the cocoa beans (or something like that).

Florencia accused Fabricio of having an affair with Veronica. He denied it. Florencia said, "I'm not an idiot!" and ordered him not to talk to Veronica again. He said she already told him not to talk to Miranda, "Who is next? Renata? My mother?" Veronica overheard all this. Juan told Veronica if Florencia gets worse because of this, it will be Veronica's fault.

Renata asked Juan if he was angry at her. He said, "I always forget unimportant things quickly." She apologized for being rude to him when he returned her wallet, then kissed him. Then (I think?) she asked whether her kisses are better than his girlfriend's. He said, "Hmm... my girlfriend." She said, "Stupid!" and stormed away.

Miranda yelled at Tomasa for not telling her who Fernanda was.

Rebeca mentioned to Bertha that Florencia isn't really Gonzalo's daughter. Bertha was surprised and upset. She said she's going to tell Gonzalo, but Julio said, "Fernanda has suffered enough. I am not going to permit you to make her your victim." Bertha asked why he defends Fernanda, "Don't tell me you're in love with her too!" This made Rebeca jealous, but Julio insisted Rebeca's always been the woman in his life, even when he was married to his sons' mother, and she shouldn't believe a woman like Bertha.

Fabricio asked Miranda, "Why did you love me?" She said, "For your smiles, your beautiful eyes. At your side I felt peaceful." Fab. kissed her and Miranda said, "A little while ago I would have given my life for this kiss," but, "I was wrong to think you were the man of my dreams." Fabricio asked, "Who is it? Alejandro? I swear I'm going to win your love again!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home