Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 41

Renata and her friends invited Juan and Raul to go out with them. Juan refused because he had to take care of Florencia. Raul told Juan he couldn't go because he didn't have money or the right clothes.

Miranda took Renata aside and warned her to save her money because the family is broke. She also told Renata that Florencia somehow found out she's going to die.

Emilia (Renata's friend with the weird haircut) told Veronica that she wants to return to the city with Raul tomorrow. Veronica said, "You like him!" and Lisania (Raul's girlfriend) overheard this. Veronica told Emilia, "Sorry," then laughed.

Florenica accused Fabricio of planning to marry Miranda after she dies. Fabricio said, "I swear things aren't that way!" then stormed out of the room.

He met Renata in the hallway and accused her and Bertha of manipulating him into marrying Florencia. Renata said, "Bertha didn't put a gun to your head and make you marry Florencia."

Carola told Joel, "I'll die before I return to that life" (I'm still guessing she's a former prostitute). Sanson told Francisco and Amparo that Raul is a member of his gang. They were shocked.

Nuria told Cesar that Bertha went to Germany. She then asked if he's really going to marry her, which annoyed Cesar. She told him he's been "cold and distant." Cesar hugged her and said, "If you want, you can come to my apartment tonight and make my dinner and straighten the place up." This pleased Nuria the Doormat.

Florencia phoned Alejandro and told him that Fabricio and Miranda are in love. "I don't know what to do!" Alejandro told her not to worry, he will come to the hacienda tomorrow. Renata told Florencia, "Alejandro has to marry Miranda to save the family."

Meanwhile Miranda rejected Fabricio again, saying she cried for days and nights after he dumped her, but finally succeeded in getting over him. "I don't love you."

At breakfast the next day, Renata ordered Juan to call her "Senorita Renata." He said, "Excuse me, Your Majesty," and left the table.

Florencia began shrieking at Fabricio again. He said, "I married you because I was in love. I never realized how quickly my life would turn into a hell!" He started to pack his suitcases to go to a hotel, and Florencia collapsed.

Juan revived her and said it was just a fainting fit, her heart is fine. Miranda told Fab. that Florencia needs him by her side.

Gonzalo's jail friend, "the Tycoon," introduced himself to Santiago (the priest) as Leonardo, Andrea's husband and Pamela's father. He said, "I've been looking for them for years. I want to recover my family." Santiago said Andrea and Pamela think Leonardo is dead, and his sudden return might upset Andrea's mental health.

Alejandro told Fernanda he suspects Bertha is behind everything bad that's happened. She agreed.

Raul and Lisania had an argument. Not sure but I think Raul complained because Lisania asked him the previous night to change his clothes before going to the nightclub. He said he has nothing else to wear. She apologized, saying she didn't mean anything by it. He said (again) that they come from different worlds. I think he was breaking up with her.

Miranda visited Gabino and saw Nati, the woman who escaped from the nursing home. Nati called Miranda "Fernanda" and said, "I have a secret."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carmel, your recaps are great. It's interesting to get another perspective of the episodes. There is so much conversation in this novela that it's very confusing.

Great job! I'll continue to check back on your site.

4:06 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

Hi Sylvia, and thank you! I'm glad someone is finally reading the blog and enjoys it. I'm still trying to learn Spanish so please let me know if you notice mistakes!

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home