Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 46

Fernanda told her boss if Florencia survives her pregnancy, she should become a candidate for a heart transplant. He agreed, then told her Gonzalo tried to have her fired from her job at the hospital.

Amparo confronted Sanson about his threats against her nephews, asking him, "Why are you doing this? You are good!" I think she said she took care of him when he was a child. She said, "I am begging you, they have done nothing. Leave them in peace!"

Sanson said, "I am not going to forget what Juan did," then remembered his brother dying and Juan being unable to save him. Juan told Sanson he left a restaurant and got there as fast as he could, but the brother was already dead when Juan arrived. Sanson yelled, "It's your fault! One day you are going to pay for all of this!"

Alejandro told Gonzalo he's not interested in helping bail out Gonzalo's business. Gonzalo said, "The business is not destroyed. I can call any bank and get an unlimited line of credit."

Al. said, "I think it is better to cancel the contract." Gonzalo angrily told him to stay away from his house and his business, and to separate from Miranda. Alejandro replied, "There you are wrong, Gonzalo. That is a decision only she can make."

Miranda explained to Fernanda that day after day, year after year, Bertha told Miranda and her sisters that their mother was a whore who abandoned them etc. She told Fernanda, "I need time. It is the only thing I ask. I had a home, a family. Now I have nothing but emptiness and confusion." Fernanda hugged her.

Gonzalo called banks trying to get money, but told Vicente (his lawyer), "No one wants to talk to me." He said he would go to his club to talk to the president of the Bank of Mexico and someone else, but Vicente said, "You can't. Your daughter cancelled your club memberships" (because they can no longer afford them).

Luciano arrived and told Gonzalo he wants to liquidate the business. Gonzalo asked Luciano who is behind all this, but Luciano didn't tell him.

Pamela asked Miranda, "Do you hate your mama?" Miranda said, "No. I can't hate her," and she knows now that Fernanda didn't run off with another man, that Gonzalo threw Fernanda out and kept her away from her daughters.

Tomasa told Miranda that Fernanda has every right to return home because the hacienda actually belongs to Fernanda, not Gonzalo.

Cesar and Luis Alberto schemed against Gonzalo. Don't know exactly what's going on but they are up to no good. Cesar brought Gonzalo a report and said, "This proves there was no fraud in the business. It was just a failure in the system." Gonzalo, still not fooled by Cesar, gave the report to Vicente and snarled, "Analyze this information, and if necessary call the police."

Miranda confronted Gonzalo, demanding, "Who is the man you killed?" Gonzalo didn't answer, but said, "Fernanda was much younger than me when we married. I knew she loved another man," but over time he believed Fernanda had fallen in love with him. Then he found her kissing a man in the library.

Fernanda told Alejandro that Cesar told Miranda that Gonzalo shot a man. Alejandro was angry because he doesn't want Miranda to find out the man was his father (because then she will guess that he is seeking revenge against Gonzalo). He also yelled at Fernanda that Miranda spent the night with Cesar.


NOTE: My Spanish is sketchy so I misunderstand things. The blog Caray Caray! has a different (no doubt more accurate) take on some things in this episode, so check it out, too. I wrote my recap before reading the Caray Caray recap, and I won't fix my mistakes above because that would be cheating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home