Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 45

Fabricio told Florencia she can't be in love with Alejandro because Alejandro is his friend. Florencia broke down and told Fabricio, "Help me. You are stronger than me."

Fabricio said, "We are united and nothing is going to separate us. Give me one word of love and for you I would confront death." However, as soon as he left her alone, Florencia started worrying about whether Fabricio is still in love with Miranda.

Veronica met Fabricio in the hallway and again demanded 1,000 pesos for her silence about their affair. Fab. said he doesn't have the money. She said she wants it anyway.

Juan told Renata, "I don't think women are to be used. They are to be cared for, protected." She asked if he has a lot of girlfriends and he said no, doctors don't have time for dating. She said, "Liar. You're the kind of guy who is king of the barrio." She kissed him and he said, "You are playing with fire."

He asked her how she will treat him tomorrow and Renata said she didn't know, "We can't be equals." Juan got angry and left, and she just shrugged.

Later Erika bet Renata her car that Renata can't get Juan to propose marriage to her. I don't think Renata is really interested in Juan -- just pretending to be to win a bet with her friends.

Miranda said to herself, "How differently Cesar treats me than Alejandro. Cesar tells me the truth. He used to be cruel, but he has changed."

Alejandro called Miranda's cell phone and was upset when Cesar answered. Cesar said with a smirk, "Miranda is sleeping. Call back tomorrow." Alejandro raged to Luciano, "They are together and I don't know where!"

Cesar told Miranda about Alejandro's call, saying Alejandro is sure to call back because he doesn't trust Miranda. So when Alejandro called again, Miranda snapped at him, "Cesar told you clearly that I am asleep. For God's sake, stop bothering me!"

After leaving home, Raul went to Carola's apartment. She got a phone call and admitted it was from a client. Raul pointed out that Carola said she was quitting that life, and she said, "I swear it's the last time," that this man has a business and can help her get a job (or something like that). Raul warned her not to trust this guy.

The client turned out to be Julio's son Daniel. He kissed Carola against her will, then apologized. She told him she doesn't kiss clients on the mouth.

Veronica had an attack of fever. Juan told her to get an HIV test immediately.

Gonzalo had a business meeting with Alejandro, who told him, "The money you are asking is considerable. As you know, it is not only mine. I'll have to consult with Daira and Lisania."

Miranda visited the priest, Santiago, and told him, "What my father did to my mother has no name." Santiago told her she should listen to both of her parents' accounts of what happened before she judges them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home