Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 50

I think Daniel wants to marry Carola. She refused, saying in time the class difference will matter to him. Then she kissed him and he said in surprise, "You kissed me on the mouth." Carola said, "Because I am no longer a woman of the street, and you are very special."

After Daniel left, Raul asked Carola why she didn't accept his proposal. Carola said she's hoping Juan will take an interest in her when he returns. Raul didn't seem to think that was likely.

Juan told Renata he can't stop thinking about her "one minute of the day." After they slept together, Renata asked what their relationship is now and Juan said, "You and I are novios" (girlfriend and boyfriend), then corrected himself and said they can't be.

Back in her room, Renata gloated to herself that this night will be "a beautiful memory" for her "but nothing more. After I win my bet with Veronica, I am going to say goodbye" to Juan.

Miranda told Alejandro that Fernanda and Bertha loved the same man, and that Bertha had said she and Fernanda both knew Alejandro's father. Miranda realized, "My father killed Alfredro Luque!" She started crying, telling Alejandro, "Do you know what it means? It means we are impossible. Leave and never look for me again."

Alejandro thought, "Here ends my revenge. I don't want Miranda to suffer anymore." I missed what he said to her next, but he probably told her that his father only recently died (which is true), because Miranda immediately cheered up.

She told Alejandro, "For me, Gonzalo San Llorente is dead," but Alejandro said, "My father is dead and I'd give anything to see him," urging her not to break off her relationship with her father. He said hatred doesn't solve anything, adding, "I speak from experience," then thought that he intends to start a new life at Miranda's side.

Gonzalo arrived and ordered Miranda not to tell her sisters what she knows about him and Fernanda. Miranda said she has no intention of telling them the truth because it would kill Florencia.

Miranda told Gonzalo, "I love you and I can't lose you, but she is my mother." She asked him to move back into the house. Gonzalo agreed but said he doesn't want to see Alejandro Luque there. Miranda said, "Things in this house will be as you say."

Luciano visited Cesar and Luis Alberto. Cesar also invited three bimbos. One of them recognized Luciano and asked, "Who was that very handsome man with you that night in the bar?" (meaning Alejandro) Later Cesar asked the woman to tell him about Luciano's friend.

Raul and Carola visited Sanson and asked questions about the planned bank robbery. Presumably they intend to pass this information on to the police.

Bertha returned home and Gonzalo greeted her by demanding, "Who was the man with Fernanda that night?" I didn't catch Bertha's reply but I think she said she didn't know. Gonzalo asked what happened to the man's body, and Bertha said she had it thrown in the river.

Gonzalo said he doesn't want Florencia to find out who Fernanda is, and Bertha cooed, "You know I love your daughters."

Gonzalo snarled, "Get rid of that sweet tone and smile. You are a different person." I think(?) Bertha said, "Very well. We are going to put aside our masks."

At the end of the episode, Miranda called Alejandro and told him that Gonzalo won't let him in the house. Alejandro said not to worry, he understands. Then Alejandro's car was surrounded by thieves and Miranda overheard him being attacked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home