Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 49

Julio told his sons about his plans to start a new investment company. Daniel refused to invest in it, demanding his money, but Angel agreed to Julio's plans and apologized for being "so ungrateful and stupid" to his father.

When Gonzalo saw Miranda in Fernanda's apartment, Miranda said, "I only ask that you put yourself in my place. She is my mother."

Gonzalo snarled, "And I am your father. Our affection is broken, and we know it can't be like before. Thanks to you, Fernanda."

Fernanda told him that Alejandro isn't her protector, he only helps her, and Gonzalo demanded, "Why?" Fernanda said she and Alejandro's mother were good friends.

Gonzalo said his father gave Fernanda the house because "he thought you loved me and would be a good wife." Fernanda replied that she doesn't want the house, "I was happy there but that's over." Gonzalo said he's not sorry for what he's done, "I am a man of integrity" and Miranda and Fernanda should stop complaining about their suffering. Then he stormed out.

Miranda told Fernanda, "He's not bad. If not for Bertha, we would be happy." Fernanda agreed, and Miranda said, "We have to make her confess what she's done." Fernanda asked how. Miranda said, "We have to use the same weapons she does."

Francisco told Daira that his wife died 22 years ago, when Raul was born. Daira commented that she was very happy with her husband, Alejandro's father. They joked about soccer, which apparently they both like.

Cesar pretended to be upset to win Lisania's sympathy. He said he's been bad to many people and doesn't know how to change, meanwhile thinking to himself, "Very well, Alejandro. Your sister is going to suffer the consequences of your stupidity."

Lisania said, "You can change. If you want, I can help." Cesar said, "Better not, Beautiful. I'm a bad apple."

Lisania insisted that she wants to help him change. Kissing her, Cesar said, "Yes, I want to be another, to live like a man of integrity at the side of a woman who knows and accepts me. That is what I want, to give all my love." Lisania of course believed every word of this.

Luis Alberto assured Luciano that the next president of San Llorente Investments will have his full support. Luciano replied that he knows Luis Alberto is working with Cesar.

Alejandro told Daira things are not going as he planned with his revenge plot because things became complicated when he met Fernanda and Florencia. Daira said, "And Miranda."

Alejandro agreed, admitting that backing out of his business deal with Gonzalo didn't give him the satisfaction he expected because the pained expression on Gonzalo's face reminded him of his father. Daira advised, "Listen to your heart."

Veronica for some reason has to leave the hacienda -- I think her mother called and told her to come home. She said she doesn't want to leave. Renata bragged to Veronica that she'll win their wager by getting Juan to propose marriage.

Fabricio offered to take Florencia to Miami to buy things for their baby. Juan agreed to let Florencia go as long as she takes her medicines religiously.

Gonzalo had dinner with Leonardo, who asked if Gonzalo ever considered, even for a moment, that maybe Fernanda didn't deceive him with another man. He said Gonzalo should investigate, but Gonzalo said, "I have nothing to investigate. This is the only way I can see things."

Cesar asked Fabricio how much money he needs, then offered to pay for the entire trip, saying, "I am your brother. Trust in me." Fabricio accepted and Cesar gloated to himself, "With you far away, idiot, tomorrow I will sell the country house to Luciano Santori."

3 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n Sylvia Sharkbait said...

Nice recap! I haven't watched this episode yet (maybe I won't). Your recaps last week were also very good and there was a TON of conversation. Even more than usual for this talky telenovela.

4:21 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

Thank you! I watch with the closed-caption subtitles on because it helps me catch words I would otherwise miss. I sit there with a pen, paper, my Spanish-English dictionary, AND my dinner, scribbling furiously! Every day I pick up new words.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Cap'n Sylvia Sharkbait said...

I have to watch with closed-caption subtitles too. My greatest victory was when I caught a mistake on the CC for the first time. Sometimes I try watching without the CC but I usually give up and turn it back on.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home