Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 55

(I was distracted during this episode there may be more mistakes than usual.)

Gonzalo ordered Alejandro out of his house. Alejandro told Miranda he doesn't like Gonzalo treating them like adolescents. Miranda agreed to marry him soon.

Amparo bought a wedding dress for Renata. Carola told Raul, "The dress is pretty. It should be for me, not this witch." Raul told her Juan will always regard her as a sister.


Bertha said to herself that Santiago (the priest) is rich thanks to her and has to return what is hers. (? I didn't understand this part, might have misunderstood.)

Bertha wants to buy shares in Gonzalo's company, not sell them (I misunderstood that yesterday). Cesar wondered where Bertha will get so much money.

Francisco was upset because he doesn't have money to give Juan and Renata. Juan said, "You accept me in the house with my woman, what more do I want?" Francisco said he always wanted to buy a house with a garden for his children to play in, but was never able to afford it, that he's cried a river over not having enough money to help his children. Juan replied, "Everything I am is due to you and Mama Amparito. For me you've been a good father."

Miranda told Pamela that Gonzalo won't accept Alejandro's help and that's not why she's marrying Alejandro, she's marrying him because she loves him and would marry him if he were the poorest man in the world.

Francisco told Amparo he'll fill the house with white flowers tomorrow for the bride. Amparo suggested having Juan and Renata get married at home, and Francisco liked that idea.

Alejandro told Daira he'll give back the shares in Gonzalo's company after he marries Miranda. Luciano arrived and they told him that his girlfriend, Pamela, is Miranda's best friend. He said his interest in Pamela is serious.

Gonzalo told Renata, "I'm tired of your attitude." She said, "You've never loved me, and soon I'm going to leave this house." Gonzalo said, "If you leave, don't ever come back, do you understand?" Renata said angrily that she's never been his daughter.

After Renata left, Bertha asked Gonzalo, "Has it ever occurred to you that they aren't your daughters? That none of the three are yours?" Gonzalo insisted they're his daughters.

Bertha informed him that Rebeca's sons, Cesar and Fabricio, aren't really her husband's children, that Julio is their real father. She added, "Renata is near the truth because one of the three is definitely not yours. She is the daughter of that man. Ask Fernanda. One of the three is the daughter of no one! Only Fernanda knows the name of that man."

Cesar warned Lisania, "I can't control my feelings." She told him to think of her as a sister. He asked if that's what she really wants, and she said no. Later she told him "Alejandro will have to accept you as part of the family," implying that she might marry Cesar. I think she mentioned something about expecting to inherit money. Cesar seemed surprised and said, "I never thought I'd have the love of a woman like you."

Fernanda told Miranda and Pamela, "I don't think for one second Juan is going to be happy with Renata," but she's glad she'll have the chance to get to know Renata after Renata moves into the neighborhood. Miranda warned her that Renata and Florencia were both brought up to hate their mother.

Renata, having overheard Gonzalo's conversation with Bertha, asked Bertha, "It's me, right? I'm not his daughter?" Bertha said she doesn't know.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, you do a fantastic job on your recaps! And they talk so much on this novela it would be impossible to get everything they say. No matter because they WILL repeat themselves somewhere down the line or the conversation will return in a green-hued flashback, right?

Excellent recap!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. The thought of Lasagna with Cesar is absolutely sickening!

I haven't seen this episode yet but it was Bertha who long ago set up the bank account in Santiago's name in order to falsely frame him for illicit financial (and sexual) activities. He was innocent but the church hierarchy banished him for some period of time as a punishment. I think Bertha did this to get him out of the picture way back when. So maybe there is still money in an account somewhere under his name? I wonder if he knows it?

4:26 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

LOL to "Lasagna," it's hard not to hear her name that way! She's so striking and adult looking, I have a hard time believing her as a teenage character.

Thank you for explaining about the bank account in Santiago's name. I wondered what all that was about. It makes sense that Bertha would go after that money if it still exists.

I must say, I love those flashbacks because they give me a second (and third, and fourth) chance to figure things out!

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home