Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 58

Miranda told Alejandro, "Cesar wants a better relationship with you." Alejandro snarled, "That is never going to happen!" Disgusted, Miranda told him, "I don't have anything to say to you. Go away!"

Santiago warned Bertha, "I have in my hands proof of your sins." Bertha asked what he was talking about, and he said, "Tomasa's granddaughter."

Bertha ordered him to tell Alejandro to drop his investigation of how she framed Santiago years ago. She said something about making Santiago's superiors in the church suffer if he doesn't do as she says.

Santiago said he would speak to Alejandro, then told her to leave. Bertha insisted on confessing to him first. Later, after hearing her confession, he cried and prayed for help.

Veronica told Bertha what happened at Renata's wedding. Charito overheard them and asked, "Renata is married?"

When Juan returned home, Renata showed him that she had cleaned up the house. He inspected a glass and obviously didn't think it was clean enough, saying, "I don't know your concept of poor people, but in this house we are clean! In front of everyone we will pretend to be happy, but in private don't say a word to me, do you understand?" He told her to go to bed alone while he went to find his family.

Carola told Fernanda, "I hate her" (ie Renata). "She took all I want in the world." She said she wants to go to school and learn to dress better. Fernanda promised to help her. Carola hugged Fernanda and said, "I wish I had a mother like you," adding that she intends to win Juan's love from Renata. (Of course, Carola doesn't know Fernanda is Renata's mother.)

Gonzalo visited Fernanda and demanded, "Who is Florencia's real father?" Fernanda didn't answer. Gonzalo asked why she never told him that Florencia wasn't his child. Fernanda said, "When we got married, I didn't know I was pregnant." She found out on the honeymoon, and he was so happy that she couldn't tell him the truth.

Gonzalo told her to stop playing the part of a "suffering mother," then said he didn't have any daughters because Miranda has taken Fernanda's side, Renata hates him, and Florencia's not really his child. He said all of this is Fernanda's fault.

Bertha told Miranda, "Your sister isn't really Gonzalo's daughter." Miranda accused her of lying, saying, "You're a viper! Get out of my house!" Bertha said, "No one can throw me out."

Amparo asked if Renata wanted anything before bed. Renata was rude, and I think(?) she told Amparo that she and Juan are married in name only. Juan arrived and asked Amparo if Renata was upsetting her. Amparo said no, and Renata asked in her phony way, "How could I quarrel with this good woman?" then thanked Amparo for the wedding dress, dinner, and flowers.

Amparo left the room but continued to eavesdrop. Renata told Juan again that she wants to prove that she loves him. Juan brushed her off, saying, "For me, love is not an obligation or a game," and warned, "I don't want Mama Amparito to shed one tear because of you, understand?"

Alejandro was angry with Bertha for telling Miranda that Florencia isn't Gonzalo's daughter. He impatiently asked her for his father's designs, saying he will pay for them. Bertha said, "I don't want money. I want you."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you did a good job keeping all the facts straight amidst one convoluted conversation after another!

10:33 AM  
Blogger NONE said...

Thank you -- it was a tough one, so much talk!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home