Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 59

Cesar told Lisania that he needs money because Gonzalo fired him without severance pay. She immediately offered to give him her own inheritance so he can start a business. Cesar thought, "The idiot Lisania will give me part of Alejandro's fortune!" then told Lisania she was "the future Senora Beltran" (ie his future wife).

Lisania explained that her father was a jewelry designer, that she was born in Italy, and their family was happy till her father's death changed Alejandro. "He became a different person. He wanted revenge." She said she'd tell Cesar the whole story later.

Cesar whined that she didn't trust him enough to tell him family secrets, so Lisania told him Gonzalo shot her father years ago and now Alejandro is seeking revenge. She said, "Don't tell anyone. If Alejandro found out, he'd never forgive me."

Meanwhile, Alejandro angrily reminded Bertha that he's with Miranda. She said, "You are a man, I am a woman. It's biological."

Later Miranda asked Alejandro what Bertha wanted. Alejandro said, "To marry me." Miranda got angry and demanded, "What did you tell her?" Alejandro said he told Bertha he wasn't interested, but Miranda continued yelling at him.

Alejandro said he would talk to Miranda later, after she calmed down. Miranda said (shades of her father), "If you leave, don't come back!" Alejandro told her she was behaving like a whimsical girl, then left.

Renata was rude to Amparo and they got into an argument. Renata called Amparo "the joke of the neighborhood." Amparo said, "I turn into a lion to defend my children," and Renata replied snottily, "You don't have children. They are your nephews, nothing more. You're like a nanny. No, a servant." Fernanda arrived and broke up the argument by inviting Renata to her apartment for coffee.

Daira and Alejandro were worried because Lisania didn't come home or answer calls to her cell phone. Alejandro said, "She's a woman and insists we don't treat her like a child." Daira said, "You're right, but it's different when it's your child."

Pamela told Miranda not to worry because Alejandro would never marry Bertha. Miranda said, "Bertha is not a monster. She is young." I think she also called Bertha beautiful. She added, "Alejandro is a man, not a saint," and "Alejandro is capable of doing anything for that portfolio."

Fernanda told Renata to remember that Amparo has been like a mother to Juan. Renata said she's going to enjoy telling Gonzalo tomorrow that she's married. She also said, "I hate my mother will all my soul. She is responsible for all of this," which of course upset Fernanda.

The next day Renata asked Juan to go with her to see Gonzalo, but he refused, saying, "Why? So he can insult me too?" Renata said to herself, "When my father finds out, he will kill me," then thought, "Aunt Bertha will help me!"

Miranda and Pamela searched Bertha's room for the porfolio. Charito told them Bertha went to Europe, and I think(?) she said Bertha gave her the portfolio.

Lisania came home and Daira asked, "Where were you all night?" Lisania said, "I'm of age. I don't have to explain!" Alejandro told her to respect her mother, "This is not a hotel." Lisania then impatiently demanded something -- I didn't catch what she said but I think she wants the money her father left her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home