Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 61

Gonzalo told Renata never to return to his house again. She said she'll just go home to get her clothes, but he said no, she can't because "everything in the house belongs to me." He said Juan won't be able to pay Renata's credit card bills because Juan doesn't make that much money in two or three years. Juan said he has nothing to give Renata but love.

After they left Gonzalo's office, Renata again begged Juan to forgive her. He said, "You wounded me, Renata. For a wound of love, there is no cure," then kissed her.

Fabricio told Fernanda he received an email informing him that Florencia's German doctors are dead. Fernanda said she suspects Bertha of killing them, but Fabricio didn't believe it.

Carola accompanied Amparo to the supermarket and decided to apply for a job there.

Roman helped Francisco set up his own taxi company.

Bertha telephoned Florencia and told her where to find a large envelope hidden behind a mirror in Bertha's room. Charito saw Florencia in Bertha's room and Florencia warned her not to tell anyone she was there.

Fernanda yelled at Rebeca for telling Gonzalo that Florencia isn't his daughter. Rebeca begged Fernanda to forgive her. Fernanda worried that Bertha will deliberately reveal the truth to Florencia at "the precise moment that will cause the most pain." Rebeca said, "Let me help you" because of "the great love Cesar has for your daughter." Daira, who was present during this conversation, looked surprised.

Veronica learned she is HIV positive. She told the doctor it's impossible because she's only had sex with men. The doctor assured her that she has HIV. He mentioned her family and she yelled, "No one can know I have it!" I think she also said the person who gave it to her is going to pay.

Two bimbos approached Luciano in a restaurant. They told Pamela they previously met Luciano at Cesar's country house. Pamela passed this information on to Miranda.

Juan told Renata and Erika that Veronica is HIV positive. (They didn't seem very upset.)

After Erika left, Renata asked Juan if he forgives her. Juan said he doesn't know now whether she really loves him, "How do I know you didn't bet that you would stay with me for two or three months, or if you married me to upset your father." Renata said, "Give me a chance, that's all I ask."

Cesar asked Sanson to tell him about Juan's family. He seemed interested to hear that Amparo is friendly with Roman (Gonzalo's detective).

Alejandro and Miranda visited Gonzalo, who asked Miranda angrily, "Do you know who Luciano Sartori is?" I missed the next part of the conversation, but Gonzalo said something and Alejandro told Miranda, "Everything your father said has an explanation." Miranda replied, "I don't understand what either of you is talking about."

Gonzalo said something else but I didn't catch most of it. He called Luciano a coward. Miranda then got a phone call and left.

Alejandro told Gonzalo, "Let me help you," and they discussed ways to save the business. Gonzalo asked, "Why are you doing this, Alejandro?" Alejandro said, "Because I love your daughter."

Gonzalo said something else I didn't catch, but I think he asked why Alejandro sought revenge against him in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home