Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 66

Nati gave Miranda a cup of something. Miranda said she didn't want any chocolate, but Nati said it was "cocolbosh." Miranda drank it and said it was delicious. Nati told Arcadia, "She will look for it tomorrow, and she will find it."

The next day Miranda and Pamela went to a fair and looked at some chocolate wine. Later Miranda told Pamela, "Chocolate is Mexico's gift to the world" and then said something about fermenting and exporting chocolate. Pamela thought it was a great idea.

Santiago asked Alejandro to stop investigating Fermin, the banker who framed Santiago years ago. Alejandro said, "He may be a good person, but he made a mistake and he has to pay! You may forgive him, but I don't." Santiago said, "Don't insist! Leave things as they are!" Alejandro agreed to drop the investigation.

Later Alejandro visited Fermin and asked if Bertha was the one who told him to lie to the church about Santiago. Fermin admitted, "Yes, it was Bertha de Aragon." He told Alejandro he has some papers that can incriminate Bertha. Alejandro asked him to keep the papers in a safe place in case they need them later.

Cesar told Gonzalo, "You are the victim of a terrible revenge. Many years ago you killed a man. Are you sure this man is dead?" Gonzalo thought back and remembered Bertha checking Alfredo's body and saying, "You killed him!"

Cesar told Gonzalo, "I think it is important to know the name of the dead man," and I think he said he would investigate. After Cesar left, Vicente (the lawyer) told Gonzalo, "I have the impression Cesar knows more than he is telling." Gonzalo said, "The only name that comes to my mind is Alejandro Luque."

After telling Sanson to take him to Roman's house, Cesar thought, "After this, Miranda will never marry Alejandro. Now all I need is Bertha's version of the story."

Amparo told Renata she only has a small amount of money to feed the family. Shocked, Renata looked at the money and said, "We're all going to eat on that?" Amparo said yes. Renata tried to give Amparo some money, but Amparo refused it, saying, "It's yours."

Erika arrived and Renata left with her, leaving the money on the table for Amparo. Amparo said, "With this we can eat for a year!"

Renata whined to Erika and Veronica, "I can't live poor, I can't, I can't!" Veronica said something I didn't entirely understand -- I think she said Renata should insist on living at the San Llorente mansion, spend all Juan's earnings on clothes, and give Juan's family etiquette lessons -- something like that. (Don't ask me why Renata would take advice from Veronica.)

Erika met Raul and told him about Renata's bet that she could get Juan to propose marriage.

The mystery man with the damaged arm told Miranda, "I want you to sell me the hacienda. Give me a price." Miranda said, "The hacienda is not for sale!" The man said menacingly, "I'm only going to make three offers. This is the first." Miranda pointed a gun at him and told him to leave. He said, "I'll be back. If not for the hacienda, for you."

Miranda told Fabricio and Gabino that the "horrible man" who wants to buy the hacienda is tall and has a deformed hand. Gabino recognized the description and said Alejandro previously had a confrontation with that man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home