Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 68

Gonzalo remembered the night of the shooting and thought, "I trusted Bertha's word, but what if the man is alive? Cesar knows the man's name."

Raul told Amparo about Renata's bet that she could get Juan to propose marriage. Amparo was appalled.

Alejandro arrived at the hacienda with Fernanda, who determined that Florencia was hemorrhaging, so Alejandro took Florencia to the hospital in his helicopter.

Renata went home to tell Gonzalo about Florencia's hospitalization. She looked around the house and imagined her reflection telling her, "Stay. This is your world," but she replied to it, "You are lonely. Hear the silence of sadness."

At the hospital, Miranda asked Renata if she's happy with Juan. Renata said, "Yes, but I didn't know how they live." I think Miranda advised Renata to get a job so she can see things from Juan's perspective. Renata said, "I am going to do it."

The doctor told Gonzalo that Florencia's baby is fine, "Now the problem is her heart." Gonzalo told Fernanda, "Save our daughter." Fernanda said, "I want to, but it depends on her."

Florencia woke up and told Gonzalo, "If I die, don't do anything to Fabricio. I was the one who broke up his relationship with Miranda because Aunt Bertha told me to." Gonzalo said, "If you want to see your mother, tell me," but Florencia said, "No, I don't want to see that woman. I don't care if she exists or not." Fernanda overheard this and was upset.

A doctor told Juan it will be a miracle if Florencia survives.

Fernanda apologized to Gonzalo for not telling him that he wasn't Florencia's father. Gonzalo said, "Why did you do it? I would have accepted Florencia without reservations." Fernanda said, "I don't know. I don't understand myself," that as a mother she wanted to protect her child from a hostile environment.

Lisania phoned Cesar and told him she was going to the hospital with Daira to see Florencia. Cesar told her not to go, to forget that Florencia is her sister, saying he would be angry if she didn't do as he said. So Lisania refused to go to the hospital, telling Daira, "Alejandro is there to represent the three of us."

Florencia needed a blood transfusion but no one had her blood type except Lisania. Alejandro tried to call her but couldn't reach her. Cesar showed up to donate his blood. He mentally gloated, "Now the San Lorente family and the Luque family both owe me a favor. In this life, absolutely nothing is free."

Carola applied for a job. The interviewer asked why she had no previous work experience and Carola was forced to admit she was a prostitute. She insisted she wants to leave that life and the interviewer gave her the job.

Gonzalo told Renata, "When Bertha returns, we are going to talk about everything, including your mother."

Charo told Miranda she wasn't able to find something in Florencia's room --? I didn't understand this conversation, but Miranda muttered that Bertha always manipulates Florencia.

Roman visited Amparo. She told him to leave because he was investigating Fernanda. He protested, "It is my job. I am an investigator." He said he's not working for Gonzalo anymore, "I have closed that chapter of my life," then mentioned a wedding. Amparo was surprised. Roman asked, "Don't you want to marry me?"

Amparo said yes but Francisco will object. Roman said, "Then we will be officially boyfriend and girlfriend, and I will ask for your hand." He also said, "When we are married, we will live together at my house" and Amparo looked startled.

Francisco told Gonzalo that Cesar donated blood to Florencia. Miranda hugged Cesar and thanked him, but Gonzalo said, "Let go of her, Cesar."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home