Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 72

Cesar said, "I am going to stop this. Miranda can't marry that imbecile." Julio tried to restrain him and they got into a fight. Gonzalo yelled at Cesar that Julio is his father.

Veronica told Fabricio that she's HIV positive and she wants 50,000 pesos to pay for her medication or she'll tell Florencia about their affair.

During Miranda and Alejandro's wedding, Cesar imagined himself shooting Miranda, then saying, "I told you, you are mine or no one's."

After the wedding, Cesar hugged Alejandro and said into his ear, "I swear to God, you are going to be sorry. It will cause you incalculable pain." Alejandro replied, "Do anything against me and I'll kill you, Cesar."

Cesar dragged Lisania away from the party and ranted at her for not telling him about the wedding plans. She said, "I didn't know!"

After shouting a while, Cesar put on his fake sad face and said, "I open my heart to you, and you destroy it. Why?" I think he threatened to kill himself in front of her if she doesn't do as he says, then ordered her to come to his apartment tonight, saying, "Prepare yourself, because you are going to receive your punishment."

Lisania told Renata she's in love, "I'm the happiest woman in the world," but refused to tell Renata who the man was. Then Lisania smiled happily and said (I think??), "He hits me." (Or "he pays me" which could be a reference to getting her inheritance from Alejandro -- ???)

Florencia told Fabricio she must be adopted because her heart problem is hereditary. Fabricio said, "These are fantasies, nothing more."

Cesar and Julio asked Rebeca to explain why she never told them Julio was Cesar's father. Rebeca explained that her husband was sterile, so he and she picked Julio to be the father of their children. Julio was not happy to hear this.

Fabricio told Alejandro, "Miranda is mine." Alejandro replied, "I am going to forget this because you don't know what you're saying."

Daniel and Angel told Miranda that Cesar was the one who convinced them to accuse Gonzalo of fraud. Miranda refused to believe them, saying they have no proof. She and Alejandro bickered about it, then agreed not to argue on their wedding day.

Daniel and Angel went to Rebeca's house and Cesar said sarcastically that it was a family reunion. Daniel angrily asked Julio what Cesar meant, and Cesar said, "I can't permit you to shout at my father."

Daniel and Angel of course were shocked. Cesar told them, "Things have to change now that we are brothers." Reluctantly they agreed to try to get along with Cesar and his family.

Fabricio told Fernanda that he's angry at Alejandro for using him in his plot against Gonzalo. Fernanda pointed out that Alejandro hasn't actually done anything to Gonzalo.

Then Fab. told Fernanda that Bertha has been secretly visiting Germany. They agreed that she probably killed Florencia's German doctors. Fernanda said, "We have to investigate how they died and where Bertha is now."

Gonzalo told Francisco that he wants Renata and Juan to live with him. Francisco didn't seem to like the idea. Gonzalo asked Renata if she married Juan to defy him. Renata said no, "I love him." Gonzalo said, "This is your home. You can stay."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home