Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Monday, October 23, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 73

Renata told Gonzalo, "I can't stay here. Juan is my husband." Gonzalo said, "Remember this is your house and I am your father."

Cesar and Juan asked Daniel and Angel to work with them. They accepted. Later Daniel told Raul and Carola that Cesar is a liar who didn't tell him and Angel the truth about their father being in the hospital.

Fabricio apologized to Alejandro and promised not to tell Florencia anything. Alejandro wondered how Cesar learned in such detail about his plot against Gonzalo.

Fernanda started to tell Gonzalo, "The man who was with me that night --" but was interrupted by Bertha's arrival. Bertha was upset to hear about Miranda's marriage to Alejandro.

Gonzalo and Fernanda tried to question Bertha about the night of the shooting, but Bertha refused to answer. Gonzalo said, "Then get out of my house," and Bertha replied, "Be very careful what you do. I will tell Florencia the truth." She taunted Gonzalo because he doesn't know who Florencia's father is.

After Bertha left, Gonzalo asked Fernanda who the father was. (I missed a few minutes of the episode but I don't think Fernanda told him.)

Fabricio told his mother that Alejandro was the one who bought the country house. Julio moved out of Rebeca's house.

Gonzalo asked Charo to watch Bertha and tell him everything she does.

Fernanda told Bertha that she knows Bertha was the one who shot Alfredo Luque. Bertha said she never wanted to kill Alfredo; she was trying to kill Fernanda. She said, "I have always hated you. I returned to make you suffer, and also Miranda. Take care what you do, or the pain of your daughters will be terrrible and unbearable. This is between you, me, and Miranda."

After Bertha left, Fernanda said to the sleeping Florencia, "I'm not going to let her hurt you or your sisters."

Juan didn't believe that Renata really wants to live with him. Amparo showed him the money Renata gave her and said it was as if Renata meant to say, "This is my house. This is my family." She said she already regards Renata as a daughter and a friend. Francisco told Juan, "Fight for her." Juan agreed, "I am going to do it."

Renata told Juan, "It's difficult to change. Please help me." Juan said, "I'm not going to let you go ever."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww...I'm glad Juan and Renata are trying to work things out. I used to hate her but now I like her. At one time I thought Mama Amparito was going to try to sabotage the marriage but it sounds like she's all for it, right?

Great job on the recaps! My friend here at work was gone for two weeks and said there was no way she could read through the long Caray, Caray recaps to catch up. They're wonderful of course (I usually recap Tuesdays episodes) but with all the conversation they are very long. I turned her on to your site and she said it was a godsend.

Nice job!!

1:04 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

Wow, another reader - thank you for telling her about my blog! At first it was getting so few visitors that I thought about giving it up. But now that I know people are interested, I'll keep going.

Amparo does seem to be in favor of the marriage. She's such a sweetheart. I hope things work out for her and Roman. I also hated Renata at first but she's finally growing up. But I still think Juan's too good for her!

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home