Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 74

Renata brought Fernanda some juice, who was delighted. She told Juan, "It might be a little acid, but to me it's like honey." Juan said, "You are going to recover your daughter."

On their honeymoon (lots of scenes of kissing on the beach, kissing in a pool, kissing on a boat, kissing on the beach again), Alejandro told Miranda, "I have many things to tell you." Obviously he was about to tell her about his revenge plot, but Miranda interrupted him, saying, "This is paradise. The only thing I care about is you and me." Alejandro said, "As you wish."

Later Miranda asked Alejandro if he'd had a lot of girlfriends. He said yes but he claimed he couldn't remember their names. Miranda teased him with questions until he said there was one named Carla, a lawyer from a political family, but "she's just a good friend."

Gonzalo went into Bertha's room. She said, "Aren't you afraid to be alone with a woman like me?" He snarled, "No, it gives me grief," and pushed her onto her bed, asking why she never told him Florencia's condition is hereditary. Bertha said, "Because, frankly, I didn't think it was important."

Gonzalo asked why she didn't tell him Florencia didn't respond to any treatment. Bertha made some excuse and he said, "I don't believe anything. Where is Tomasa's granddaughter?"

Bertha said it's strange he's questioning her after all the years she's covered up his crime (shooting Alejandro's father). Gonzalo left. Bertha immediately called the Guapo (the man with the damaged hand) and told him to burn all the chocolate at the San Lorente hacienda. She said to herself, "A wedding gift, dear Miranda."

Florencia asked Juan, "The chances of my baby being born are reduced, aren't they? I'm not stupid. Tell me the truth." Juan said it's possible the baby can survive.

Daniel visited Raul and said, "I came to ask for your help. I love Carola and want to marry her. Help me or I'll go crazy."

He said usually he dates women of his own class, not prostitutes like Carola. His psychoanalyst thinks he has problems with women because of his parents' bad marriage. He learned from them that "love is equal to money." As he was telling Raul this, he suddenly seemed to realize that's why he fell in love with a prostitute, because "I have to pay."

After realizing this, he hastily left Raul's apartment. Raul asked if he still wants to marry Carola, and Daniel said, "I don't know." Then Erika arrived and Raul kissed her.

Roman visited Amparo and Francisco ordered him to leave. Roman told Amparo, "If I go, I'm never going to return. Think well, think very well."

Still on honeymoon, Miranda told Alejandro she plans to produce chocolate to export. Just then Gavino called to tell them the chocolate and the collectors' houses were on fire. Alejandro said he and Miranda would return home immediately.

While dreaming about the night her mother left home, Florencia had a heart attack. Fernanda raced into the room and Florencia woke up and said, "I know who you are, Mama." Then her heart apparently stopped. Fernanda and Juan revived her.

Fernanda started to give Florencia a shot, saying she didn't care if it killed the baby, but Juan stopped her.

Alejandro and Miranda arrived in Mexico City and received a call from Arcadia, who said the fire had been put out and no one was hurt. Nati told Arcadia, "The chocolate is going to save Miranda."

Fabricio called and told Miranda that Florencia had a heart attack, was in intensive care and couldn't receive visitors.

Bertha showed up at the hospital and Fabricio asked, "Why did you kill Florencia's doctors?" Bertha said, "What are you talking about?" then warned, "Take care what you are doing. This is not a game." I think she said she might tell the police that Fabricio is her accomplice, adding, "I don't threaten. I promise."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home