Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 75

Fernanda told Juan, "Florencia remembered I was her mother and had a heart attack. Who knows what my presence will provoke." She told the sleeping Florencia, "Forgive me, daughter. I left because your father said he was capable of killing you all if I didn't."

Alejandro said to Miranda, "You and I have to look for a house." Miranda said, "I don't want to leave my father alone with Bertha," so Alejandro agreed to live with Gonzalo for a while.

Back at the hospital, Fabricio tried to stop Bertha from visiting Florencia, but Juan said of course Bertha could see her, "She is her aunt." Bertha smirked and started calling Juan "Johnny."

Erica told Raul she wants to be his girlfriend and introduce him to her parents. Carola was worried that Erica would behave like Veronica and Renata, but Erica said she isn't like the other rich girls (I didn't understand exactly why, something about her mother).

Gonzalo told Miranda, "We're going to confront Bertha. Tell Raul, Fabricio, and Alejandro too." Miranda said, "Finally Bertha is going to explain everything."

Juan brought Bertha home to see Renata. When Bertha asked Renata how she was, Renata (the idiot) started to cry. Bertha said, "Aren't I here as your mother? Aren't I here to help you with all this? We have to convince Johnny to leave here. You will because I say so. Not on word more."

Renata said, "Yes, aunt," but after Bertha left she said to herself, "Juan will never accept."

Fernanda told Fabricio that Florencia and the baby are in stable condition. When Florencia woke up, Fernanda tried to leave to avoid upsetting her, but Florencia said, "Don't leave me, Mama. I don't want to lose you. Forgive me."

Fernanda tried to apologize and explain why she left her children, but Florencia said she didn't want explanations. "The important thing is that we are together." Later Florencia told Juan she can die in peace if she knows Fernanda has reunited with Miranda and Renata.

Bertha met the Guapo at a restaurant and he reported that he burned the chocolate and the collectors' homes. She said, "Did anyone die?" and he said, "No one." Bertha said, "What a shame."

She told him to leave the hacienda in peace until the second harvest, then tried to pay him. The Guapo said, "I don't want money. Miranda San Lorente for me. I don't want to marry her. I only want one night."

Bertha agreed, "Very well. Take her. I don't care what you do." The Guapo told her if he can't have Miranda, "There is always you. You inspire passions and fantasies." Bertha clearly didn't like that. She said, "I need you to take care of Fabricio. Do exactly what I told you."

Daira told Alejandro that Lisania was furious because she was forced to attend Alejandro's wedding. She and Luciano reminded Alejandro that he'd better tell Miranda about the revenge plot soon or Bertha will tell her.

Lisania arrived and yelled at Alejandro that she's fed up, she wants her inheritance, and he's just her brother, not her father. Alejandro said, "Who put this in your head? The same person who hit you?" Lisania told him and Daira, "You don't know how much I despise you both!"

Bertha visited Cesar and he told Nuria to hide in his bedroom closet until Bertha left. He yelled at Bertha because Miranda married Alejandro. He also told Bertha that he knows a lot about her. She just laughed.

Carola visited Renata and told her Miranda called and said to ask Renata to turn on her cell phone. As usual, Renata was rude to Carola.

Annoyed, Carola asked Raul if Renata is prettier than her. Raul teased her, saying their bodies are similar but Renata has blue eyes and dresses elegantly. Then he said, "There will always be someone who's prettier or uglier than you. What's important is not to compare yourself to anyone." Carola said something like, "Oh, you mean self-esteem," and seemed to like this idea.

Veronica called Renata and said her HIV medicines are making her feel horrible and she doesn't know how to pay for them. Fabricio arrived to take Renata to the family gathering. Veronica told Renata to remind him of his promise to her. Renata quizzed Fabricio about this and he admitted, "Veronica is blackmailing me."

After hearing what happened between him and Veronica, Renata yelled at him, then advised him to tell Florencia the truth.

Alejandro told Fernanda that Daira is going to take Lisania back to Italy to separate her from whoever is turning her against her family. Fernanda said she was worried about what would happen at the family gathering that night, "I'm sure Bertha has a surprise in reserve."

Nuria told Cesar she's always been afraid of Bertha, "I don't know why." She repeated that she thinks she was at the San Lorente hacienda in another lifetime. Cesar said impatiently, "Other lives don't exist. You lived there when you were a child. You are the illegitimate daughter of Bertha de Aragon."

Alejandro told Miranda he's giving her the reserved shares of her father's company, adding, "It's a long story. I'll tell you later." Miranda was pleased but told him the business and shares are his, not hers.

The family started to gather for their confrontation with Bertha. Gonzalo told Fernanda, "This is the best moment for Renata to know the truth." Renata told Fernanda to leave because it was a family occasion. Fernanda said, "I am a part of this family."

Gonzalo said to Renata, "I told you I would tell you who your mother is." Renata said excitedly, "Is it Bertha?" Bertha arrived and announced, "Your mother is her. Fernanda de Aragon."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home