Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 76

I missed the first few minutes of the show. When I turned it on, Roman was saying to Francisco, "You're Amparo's brother, not her father."

Gonzalo told Bertha it was time to explain everything, but she said, "You're wrong, darling. I have nothing to say to you all." Finally she said, "That night, when Alfredo --"

Gonzalo cut her off. "Now I understand everything! Alfredo Luque is the man I shot!" Alejandro said, "Please let me explain --" and Gonzalo said, "Explain what? You came to get revenge!"

Miranda said, "How could you, Alejandro?" Gonzalo asked if Fernanda knew about the revenge plot and she said yes, "Alejandro told me." Miranda demanded, "What kind of people are you two?" Bertha said, "They have been laughing at you!"

Alejandro said, "There is an explanation for everything, which I'm going to give." Miranda cut him off, saying, "I'm not interested." Gonzalo ordered Alejandro and Fernanda to leave. Miranda told Alejandro, "I don't want to know anything from you! Nothing you can say interests me!"

Gonzalo told Fabricio to leave too, "You were surely Alejandro's accomplice." Fabricio denied this and Alejandro said Fabricio was telling the truth. Fernanda told Alejandro, "I'm going. I have nothing left to do in this house."

Bertha went to find Renata, who was crying over the news that Fernanda is her mother. Bertha told Renata to remember to be arrogant, then said she would tell Renata everything about her mother.

Alejandro finally agreed to leave but said to Gonzalo, "I am going to return. I am not done. Miranda, I love you." He pointed out to her that once more "Bertha has won."

After Alejandro left, Miranda said, "Tomorrow I'll start divorce proceedings." Gonzalo replied, "No, what Alejandro said is true. Bertha provoked all of this, and now she isn't here." Miranda replied, "All Bertha did was open my eyes with a blow."

Miranda went to her room and cried, saying, "This wound we have made has no cure." Then she realized, "He never loved me. He only used me to get revenge against my father."

Renata arrived to say goodbye to Miranda before going home. She made a nasty remark about Fernanda, and Miranda said, "She may or may not be the best of women, but never forget she is your mother." Renata then said something about Bertha, and Miranda said, "Be very careful with Bertha. She is a viper."

Bertha barged in and said she had done nothing wrong, that Alejandro and Fernanda were responsible for everything. Miranda ordered Bertha out of the room, then asked Renata to spend the night with her, "I don't want to be alone."

Alejandro sat all night drinking and crying, telling Daira and Luciano, "Without Miranda, nothing matters." He asked if this is what Daira's premonition was about. She said the tarot cards told her someone is going to die, and "the cards are never wrong." Luciano said, "Daira, my God, we're living in 2006!"

Cesar told Nuria that she should have all of Alejandro's money (through her mother, Bertha). She tried to protest and Cesar said that Alejandro "came to finish us all off because of a stupid thing Gonzalo did."

Gonzalo brought Miranda to the hacienda, where Nati was making chocolate. Miranda tasted it and started crying, saying, "I love Alejandro with all my soul and I've lost him."

Nati told her to "prepare the cocolbuch" then gave her some chocolate to eat. Miranda smiled and said, "It's the food of the gods. It's magical, Nati!"

Gavino arrived and said something to Miranda about industrialization that I didn't understand. She said, "No, it can't be."

Bertha visited Alejandro, who called her a monster. Bertha said, "You're offending me," and Alejandro said, "I am telling the truth!"

At the hospital, Florencia told Juan that she now remembers what happened on the night of the shooting. She said she needs to talk to her sisters and parents. She asked Juan not to let Bertha see her. He was surprised but agreed.

Fabricio told Juan about the deaths of Florencia's German doctors, saying he's sure Bertha killed them.

Fermin (the banker) told Pamela about his visit from the federal agent. He said the agent told him that Leonardo's documents were falsified, that the real Leonardo is dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home