Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 79

Renata brought Fernanda some juice, saying, "I've hated you since I was a little girl, so I can't say I love you. Thank you for saving my sister." Fernanda replied happily, "It's my birthday, and this is my present."

Later Renata and Erika left birthday gifts in Fernanda's apartment, but Renata said she doesn't want Fernanda to know they're from her.

Carola told Fernanda it's her own fault that her daughters blame her for leaving them, because Fernanda always says "When I abandoned my daughters" and so forth even though she had no choice but leave them. Fernanda agreed that she should stop blaming herself.

Cesar and Sanson had a conversation about Renata that I didn't understand. Sanson mentioned his grudge against Juan, and Cesar said, "He doesn't deserve her."

The federal agent (Ambrosio) told Pamela he knows her father is dead because he was there when Leonardo died. He brought Pamela to her father's crypt, then threatened her and Fermin, saying, "If you don't return the money in 48 hours, many people will die in both your families."

Gavino told Miranda to leave the hacienda because someone was in the house last night and "I think it was El Guapo."

Florencia phoned Miranda and asked her to find an envelope and bring it to her. Gonzalo called Miranda and said he's going to London to take care of "a personal matter."

Daniel told Gonzalo that Cesar talked him and Angel into suing Gonzalo, and later dropped the lawsuit because Cesar wanted them to. He also revealed that Cesar hopes to destroy Gonzalo's business. Gonzalo said, "Thank you for telling me. Soon it will all be over."

Fernanda told Bertha, "Thanks to you, Florencia is dying." Bertha said, "If Florencia dies, it is divine punishment." Alejandro arrived at the hospital and told Bertha, "Leave Fernanda in peace!" Bertha warned them, "If you think the party is over, you're wrong."

Fernanda told Alejandro, "I think Cesar and Bertha are accomplices."

Carola's boss called her "the best employee in the world" and congratulated her -- I think Carola got a promotion?

Bertha tried to visit Florencia but Juan wouldn't let her into Florencia's hospital room. Bertha insulted him, then said menacingly, "I wish you much luck with your family."

Pamela visited Miranda (at the Mexico City house, I think), and sobbed, "I am going to die! We have to return the money. He's not my father. My father is dead. I saw his crypt." Miranda didn't understand what she was talking about.

Alejandro visited Gonzalo and said, "We have to talk." Gonzalo picked up a gun and said, "About what? Your revenge?" Then he said, "I've been thinking. Only Bertha could have shot your father."

He told Alejandro to protect Miranda, "Last night a man went into the house. Talk to Gavino and protect her. She's your wife." He explained that he's going to London, adding, "I think I have Cesar in my hands."

Alejandro asked, "Do you need anything?" Gonzalo said, "Protect Miranda. Nothing more than that," and gave Alejandro the gun.

Francisco told Amparo to accept Roman's proposal, saying, "It's the opportunity of your life," and if it doesn't work out "you can divorce and return home. My door is always open to you. Love only knocks on the door one time."

Charo (the maid) told Miranda that Alejandro wanted to see her. Miranda told Charo to send him away. Alejandro said from the doorway, "Tell me yourself. Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't want to see me. Tell me you don't love me, and I swear you'll never see me again."


Words/phrases from this episode:

estobar = to hinder, annoy
aduanal = customs (Pamela said her father was once a customs agent)
sosiengo = calmness, peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home