Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 83

Santiago told El Guapo that Andrea is going to help him prepare the annual church party.

Pamela learned about Leonardo's death from a TV report and burst into tears. I think she said she doesn't want Andrea to know about it. Later she met Fermin and told him she has a letter for him from Leonardo.

Cesar chewed out Luis Alberto for not telling him that Gonzalo went to London.

Nuria went to the hospital to see a doctor and met Fernanda. Nuria said, "I know you. You are Miranda's mother, right? You are my aunt!"After Fernanda examined her, Nuria said she felt better. She apologized for calling Fernanda her aunt, saying she shouldn't have opened her mouth.

Fernanda seemed to doubt that Bertha is really Nuria's mother. I think she told herself that Nuria loves Bertha so she wouldn't say anything against Bertha. Also, Nuria said something about not wanting to upset someone who has a heart condition -- Florencia, I suppose.

Bertha and her dog intimidated Miranda in the hallway. Bertha imagined Miranda covered in blood, then said to herself, "That's how I want to see you, Miranda."

Miranda accused Bertha of using the dog to scare Tomasa into falling to her death. Bertha denied it, then pointed out that she took care of Miranda and her sisters from the time they were little. "Small children often have fatal accidents, but you never did. Why? Because I took care of you always."

She took Miranda to the library and showed her photos from the family trips they all took when Miranda was a child. Bertha said she was always the one who cared for Miranda and her sisters because their father never took the time. She said in her fake injured way, "When did I turn into a monster?" Miranda seemed to be having second thoughts about whether Bertha is really so bad.

El Guapo and some men abducted Fabricio from the hospital parking lot. They tied him up, blindfolded him, and took him to a room. Guapo hit Fabricio and warned him not to ask "stupid questions" or move.

After seeing Juan in bed with Renata, Carola started crying. She went to church, where Santiago saw her and said, "Thank the Lord, the prodigal child has returned." Carola said, "I feel alone. I am in love with the wrong person. I don't want to stop loving him."

Francisco told Renata, "In a little time you have adapted to our life." He gave her a doll. Amparo told Renata, "You are a part of my life," and Renata replied, "And you are part of mine." They encouraged her to forgive Fernanda, but Renata said, "I can't forget that she left me alone," and complained about how hard it was to grow up without a mother.

Alejandro told Fernanda he was worried because he hadn't heard from Fabricio.

Bertha told Miranda maybe she was wrong to encourage Fabricio's relationship with Florencia, "I assume responsibility for that, but she had loved him since she was a child." Then she told Miranda, "The history of your mother is repeating with you! What do you accuse me of? What is my crime?"

Just then Miranda got a call from Fabricio, who said, "They kidnapped me!"


Words/phrases from this episode:
vil = vile
regla = rule
desvelado = kept awake, can't sleep
me secuestraron = they kidnapped me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home