Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 85

Rebeca told Cesar that the house (which he wants to sell) is in the name of Fabricio and Florencia. Cesar told her to talk to Fernanda and Gonzalo about it (I think).

Carola told Renata, "You can never love Juan like I do." Renata said, "No, it's different. Juan and I are married and no one is going to separate us." Carola said, "Go back to your life. Juan will be upset, but he'll forget you in time." Renata said, "I am never going back."

Amparo told Francisco and Raul she's agreed to marry Roman. She said she wants to open a confectioner's shop. Raul said he'll look online for information about lessons she can take (to learn to make candy, I guess).

Alejandro mentioned to Lisania that Cesar has always been in love with Miranda. Lisania said blandly, "How interesting." She and Daira agreed not to leave Mexico yet because of Fabricio's kidnapping.

Miranda told Renata that Gonzalo wants her to return home during the crisis. Renata said, "I can't do that." Miranda asked her to come home for just one night, "I don't want to be alone." Amparo told Renata, "Your sister needs you," so Renata agreed.

Francisco went to see Fermin (who seems to be the only banker in town) and apparently opened a bank account.

Fabricio tried to make a deal with one of his captors, offering to pay for his release. El Guapo apparently overheard this. He told Fabricio, "You are not here for money." Fabricio thought, "It is because of Bertha that they're doing this!"

The men tortured Fabricio (not clear exactly what they did to him). Afterward Fabricio thought, "Now I know what this woman is capable of. What if she kills me? She killed those doctors in cold blood!"

Cesar told Bertha, "Be very careful what you do to my brother." She pretended to be surprised, then admitted, "Yes, I have Fabricio. Nothing is going to happen. A few blows, nothing more." Then she said, "Fernanda is going to suffer first. Do you want the details?" Cesar told her to come to his apartment tonight because he has a surprise for her.

Miranda told Cesar that Florencia should be the one to decide whether to call the police about the kidnapping. Alejandro said, "Florencia can't know anything! How difficult is that to understand?" He said something I didn't catch, and Cesar ordered him to show respect to Bertha. Alejandro punched Cesar and they started fighting.

Alejandro pinned Cesar to the floor and Cesar said dramatically, "I can't breathe!" then said something in Alejandro's ear about being glad Alejandro was making him look like a victim. He told Alejandro to hit him again and Alejandro did.

Meanwhile, I think Fernanda told Santiago that Bertha told Nuria that she (Bertha) has heart problems. Santiago said they should talk to Nuria and tell her it isn't true.

Francisco told Amparo and Raul he's been thinking about what will happen to him when he's old because he doesn't have a pension. Amparo said he can always live with her and Roman. Francisco joked, "Yes, I'll sleep between you." Then he said he wants to go into a nursing home when he's old.

After his fight with Alejandro broke up, Cesar told Bertha, "His stupid sister will pay for every blow that idiot gave me." Meanwhile Alejandro asked Miranda if it upset her to see him covered with bruises. She said, "Of course it upsets me." Alejandro said, "Tell me you love me. That's the only thing I ask."

Cesar and Bertha interrupted them before Miranda could answer. Cesar and Alejandro started arguing again and Miranda said, "This is my house. If you're going to kill each other, do it in the street." Cesar apologized to Miranda and left.

Juan told Carola, "Someday you will meet someone you love, as you deserve." Carola kissed him, then said his lips were bitter. Juan said, "I love Renata."

Alejandro kissed Miranda and Bertha saw them.


Rebeca told her maid, Licha, that she's going to the hospital to see Florencia. She said when Florencia dies, she will have a right to claim the baby.

Alejandro went to Gonzalo's office and found some papers in the strong box (at Gonzalo's bidding). Gonzalo called Alejandro and said he has proof of Cesar's financial misdealings. Luis Alberto eavesdropped on this conversation.

Words/phrases from this episode:
trueno = thunder
reposteria = confectioner's shop
nuera = daughter-in-law

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

-Cesar told Bertha, "Your stupid sister will pay for every blow that idiot gave me."-

I'm at work (shame on me for reading this at work!) and can't confirm what Cesar said, but when I watched I thought his intention was "HIS stupid sister will pay for every blow...", meaning Lizania. So I'm thinking this is a big set-up for something bad to happen to Lizania...Cesar's threat about Al's sis, Liz and Daira postponing their trip, Liz finding out that Cesar loves Miranda...it all seems like it's heading for a showdown.

Or Cesar could have meant Fernanda. Those two (Cesar and Bertha) seem to want to get rid of everybody; nobody is safe around them.

12:05 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

Aha! That make a lot more sense. I'm sure you're right, so I corrected it above.

I hope Lisania is going to escape with her life. You know, I think her weird attraction to Raul (the guy who stole her purse!) foreshadowed her involvement with Cesar. The poor girl has problems.

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right, I had forgotten about Raul! At that time Daira scolded Lizania for always getting involved with the wrong sorts of boys, guys who "needed help" I think she said. That may have been one of the reasons they left Italy. They need to get her the shrink pronto.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home