Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Friday, November 10, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 86

Rebeca told Florencia that Fabricio was kidnapped (thinking Florencia already knew about it). Florencia became hysterical and blamed herself because she asked him to leave the hospital to buy her a snack. Juan calmed her down.

Rebeca met Cesar in the hospital hallway and told him Juan accused her of homicide (because she startled Florencia). Cesar said, "The doctor is right" and told Rebeca's she's crazy.

Juan confronted them and argued with Cesar, then ordered them both to leave, saying, "Cesar, don't forget you are forbidden to enter here, whether or not I am here." Later Cesar brooded about why he didn't stand up to Juan, telling himself Juan would pay for it.

Luis Alberto told Nuria about Gonzalo's phone call to Alejandro. Nuria said, "We were idiots to follow Cesar's orders. We are his accomplices! We helped him destroy the business's name. I am sure sooner or later we are going to pay very dearly."

She went to church and prayed for help in clearing her mind and feelings. Santiago told her, "He who believes in God and has faith in his sainted mother is not alone." Nuria said, "I can't be pardoned!" and ran away.

Alejandro told Miranda that his father (Alfredo) always loved Fernanda, but Fernanda married Gonzalo and fell in love with him. Bertha, however, sent Alfredo letters, supposedly from Fernanda, saying Fernanda was unhappy with Gonzalo and wanted to leave him.

Hearing this apparently convinced Miranda to forgive Alejandro because they started tearing each other's clothes off.

Juan told Florencia, "Fabricio is a strong man and can handle the situation." Florencia prayed to the Virgin Mary, "Don't take away the father of my child. I beg you to protect him."

Luis Alberto told Cesar about Gonzalo's phone call to Alejandro, then asked, 'What are you going to do?" Cesar said, "Kill Gonzalo."

Bertha discovered Miranda and Alejandro together, half dressed, and demanded, "What are you doing here?" Miranda asked, "Do you want details, or can you imagine?"

Alejandro told Bertha that she can't touch his money because the accounts are frozen. Bertha yelled, 'What are you saying? It can't be! Miranda, you know Alejandro is using you to protect his fortune? The only thing he needs is a child." Miranda said, "I know. I signed a contract."

Alejandro said, "We can't give you an explanation, Bertha. We are busy." Bertha started crying and left the room. Alejandro then told Miranda he has to go to Italy to take care of some things.

Juan told Renata (over the phone) that he doesn't mind her staying at her father's house with Miranda because he's busy at the hospital. Renata asked him to come to the house, saying, "You are my husband. You should be where I am." Juan didn't like that suggestion.

Juan told Florencia he doesn't want to go to her father's house because Bertha is there. Florencia said, "You have the same right as Bertha to be in the house. You are Renata's husband." Fernanda said, "It is my house, and the only intruder there is Bertha."

El Guapo called Bertha and she told him not to beat Fabricio to death, "I need him alive."

Renata told Bertha she misses Juan. Bertha said, "In this world, you have to learn to be alone. You are a San Llorente. What you really miss is everything in this house. Do you want to wear bad clothes and sell tacos like Amparo?" Renata appeared to be swayed by this.

Daira brought Miranda a small box from Alejandro and told her not to open it until Alejandro called her tomorrow.

A woman brought food to Fabricio, saying she was hired to feed him. He begged, "Please call the police," but she said she couldn't because she was afraid of the men who hired her. As she was feeding him, he said, "I can't feel your hands." The woman said, "It's a circulation problem, but in time it will pass."

Fabricio asked, "What are you called?" and she said, "Trinidad" (Trinity). Fab. started crying and said, "Do you know the meaning of your name? Faith, hope, and charity." He begged her to call his house and tell his family where he is.

Trinidad said she couldn't help him because the men would attack her children. Fabricio said, "Think of my mother." Then I think(?) she said she didn't know how to use a phone, but Fabricio said, "It's easy," and started to tell her the phone number.

Cesar told Bertha that Lisania is just his lover, not his girlfriend. Just then his doorbell rang. It was Lisania, who said, "I came to say goodbye. I'm returning to Italy" and something about Alejandro going to Italy, too.

Bertha questioned her about why Alejandro is going to Italy. Lisania tried to leave, but Cesar grabbed her. The next time we see her, she's on the couch and Bertha appears to be suffocating her with a pillow. Cesar took off his belt to beat Lisania. Wheezing, she said something like, "I'll never let you beat me again," then collapsed, much to Bertha and Cesar's surprise. (She was rubbing her neck when she entered the apartment so I think she was already injured from previous beatings and possibly her lungs collapsed.) Cesar examined her and told Bertha, "She's dead."


Words/phrases from this episode:
caridad = charity
frialdad = coldness
aunque = although (for some reason I have trouble remembering this one)
suegra = mother-in-law

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Lizania, just as we feared, eh? I think she had a heart attack because in the conversation between Daira and Miranda Daira mentions (I think) that Lizania's "heart condition" (first we've heard about it as far as I know) has gotten worse, just like Alfredo's did years ago. I wondered "huh?? Since when does Liz have a heart condition?" All part of the Alfredo Luque bad heart inheritence passed down to the daughters but so far not the son I guess. I think you are right about Cesar's beatings injuring Lizania, also probably exacerbating any pre-exisiting condition.

I was glad to see Miranda and Al get back together, especially in front of Bertha, heh heh. Great job on your recaps!

2:09 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

Yes, this is the first I've heard of Lizania having a heart condition!

I thought I heard a strange creaking sound before Lizania collapsed, which is why I thought it might be her lungs. But a heart attack sounds more believable. Either way, it certainly was a shock. Poor Daira.

10:44 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

PS I just noticed I've been spelling her name "Lisania," and that's not right, is it? I have to be more careful about that.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Great Recap Carmel!
Thank you!

7:08 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

You're welcome!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home