Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 88

Daira asked Cesar to put her in contact with his friends who supposedly know the identity of Lizania's abusive boyfriend. He said he doesn't have their phone numbers but he'll look for them at the club.

Luis Alberto told Cesar he knows when Gonzalo is returning to Mexico and what his flight number is.

Julio wanted to call the police about Fabricio's kidnapping, but Bertha showed up and talked him out of it. Bertha told Cesar she'll free Fabricio in a few days. He reminded her that he wants Fabricio alive.

Veronica swore to Juan she had nothing to do with the kidnapping. He invited her and Fernanda out to breakfast, where they convinced Veronica to attend a support group for her illness. She said no one cares about her, not even her parents. Fernanda called her "daughter" and Veronica cried, "It's been a long time since anyone called me daughter."

Miranda told Alejandro (by phone) about Lizania's disappearance. Gonzalo called and asked Miranda to go to the bank and look up some account numbers.

At the bank, Fermin told Miranda the accounts are in Gonzalo's name and have been used to commit fraud. She called Gonzalo and gave him the passwords to the accounts. He said he'll soon return to Mexico and everything will be different when he gets back.

Fabricio had a bad fever and told Trinidad he will die soon. Florencia dreamed Fab. came to her in the hospital and said, "I am fine, I swear. We are going to be together forever." She woke up in hysterics and said, "I saw him, Mama! He came to see me. He only came to say goodbye. They killed him. Fabricio is dead!" Fernanda yelled at her to be calm for the baby's sake.

Bertha visited Fabricio, who was too delirious to notice her. She called Guapo and said irritably, "I told you clearly I wanted him alive and conscious of his pain. He's no good to me in this condition." She gave Trinidad money to feed Fabricio, clean him up, and treat his fever.

Later Trinidad told Fab. an "elegant woman" came to see him. He said, "I'm sure it was Bertha."

Lizania's purse was found and a police officer brought it to Daira.

Gavino called Miranda and said something about the neighbors planning to sell their houses. He also said the chocolate might soon be under water (I think because it's raining hard and the river might flood). I didn't entirely follow this conversation.

Bertha told Guapo, "I told you to limit Fabricio's suffering to your imagination, but how limited your imagination is!" Guapo told her he has known Trinidad a long time and trusts her.

Later, Guapo went to see Fabricio and said he'd brought a visitor. Fabricio said, "Bertha." Bertha said, "So it is. Your dear Aunt Bertha, my love."

Daira told Miranda that no one knows who Lizania's abusive boyfriend is. Santiago asked, "And Cesar Beltran? Doesn't he know anything?" Miranda was surprised. Daira explained that Cesar said his friends from the club saw a man hitting Lizania, but he doesn't have their phone numbers. Miranda said, "I know all the girls at the club. I only need their names."

Luis Alberto told Cesar, "We are lost! We could be arrested at any minute!" because Gonzalo knows about the parallel accounts.


Words/phrases from this episode:
vuelo = flight
manada de asnos = herd of asses (what Bertha called the kidnappers)
temporada = season

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness I read your recap this morning. It made me realize that I had forgotten to add my last page of notes. Those late night posts make ME delirious! I loved Bertha's comment about the herd of asses; I laughed when I saw it in your vocab list.

12:25 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

Bertha's teaching me all kinds of words!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home