Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 102

Amparo told Francisco she does love Roman, but she is enthusiastic about her studies and wants to continue them. Francisco told her to talk to Roman about this. (I'm not sure if she intends to break up with Roman, delay their marriage, or what.)

Nuria told Charo that Bertha says Florencia's baby is really Nuria's, but "the love of a mother tells me it isn't my baby." Charo urged her not to believe what Bertha says. Santiago tried to comfort Nuria, and she yelled at him, asking why God allowed her baby to die.

At the jail, in the presence of Alejandro, Miranda, and Liliana, Cesar testified that he heard Alejandro and Gonzalo yelling at each other, then came into the room just as Alejandro shot Gonzalo. Bertha gave similar testimony.

Bertha plotted with Guapo to do something unspecified to Nuria. When Cesar found out about it, he said angrily, "I told you, till the divorce is signed, you can't touch her." Bertha said he'll still be able to get his divorce. Guapo made some threatening remark to Cesar, who became angry and went to wait for Bertha in the car.

Guapo sniffed Bertha and said, "Your smell is the essence of terror," then said to himself that he's been waiting for Bertha to smell that way.

At the jail, the official taking witnesses' statements asked Miranda if she's only defending Alejandro because she loves him. Miranda hesitated and said she didn't understand the implications of the question. Liliana (who had told Miranda to answer all questions directly, without looking at Alejandro) was unhappy.

After Liliana gave Miranda further instructions, Miranda answered the question forcefully, saying her love for her husband doesn't prevent her from knowing whether he wanted to kill her father. Liliana looked pleased.

Julio told Luis Alberto that Nuria's baby died. Luis Alberto was shocked.

Renata told Juan she wants a divorce, saying she loves him but it's not enough because he doesn't want a better life and she does. Juan told her that he saw her kissing Cesar, then asked if she loves Cesar. Renata said no, which angered Juan. He ended up begging her not to divorce him, but Renata said, "I don't deserve you. If it's true that you love me, give me the divorce I request."

Miranda and Pamela complained to Luciano about their dislike for Liliana. He reminded them angrily that Liliana is fighting for Alejandro's freedom. Miranda called Vicente and asked him to bring her information about Liliana, then told Pamela, "To attack my enemy, I have to know her."

Bertha yelled at Nuria for going to church. Nuria said, "My baby is dead!" and Bertha slapped her. Nuria asked, "Why did you hit me?" Bertha said, "Because I wanted to, and because you doubt my word."

I think Luis Alberto arrived and asked to see Nuria, but Bertha said she would send him away.

Vicente brought Miranda some information on Liliana (I don't know how he got it so fast), including photos of her daughter. Miranda and Pamela agreed that Liliana seems to be hard-working, honest, and an excellent mother.

Pamela said, "This woman is a hypocrite. No one is that perfect." Miranda said she envied Liliana because, unlike Liliana, she might never be a mother.

Just then Alejandro entered the house and said Liliana had won his freedom. Liliana and her daughter (Sofia) followed him. Alejandro picked up Sofia and said, "You have the most marvellous mother in the world." Miranda scowled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home