Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 105

Renata remembered telling Cesar (during their trip to New York) that she was still a married woman and wanted to return to her own bedroom. Cesar said, "You are never leaving here," and pushed her onto the bed. Crying, Renata passively submitted.

After remembering this, Renata had another argument with herself in the mirror. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention because I thought it was another of Renata's whine-fests, but I did hear her reflection say, "You're trash" and "This child can't be born!" Renata collapsed on her bed, crying, "I don't know what to do!" So she's either pregnant or thinks she might be.

At the orphanage, Bertha told Nuria that her baby is dead, then sent her away with the nuns to be sedated. Bertha later told the mother superior that her "daughter" (Nuria) lost her baby, and "I don't know how she got it into her head that Florencia's baby is hers." She told the mother superior to discipline Nuria and not let her go anywhere or make phone calls. The nun said, "Here we see, hear, and say nothing," and smiled when Bertha gave her some money.

Fabricio apparently called the police and reported the baby's disappearance (finally).

Cesar told Miranda that something is going on between Alejandro and his lawyer. I was out of the room, so I missed what Miranda said in reply, but Cesar became furious and shouted that he's fed up with her insults and rudeness. He said something like, "I'm finished with your damned whims of a princess!" and that he would never return to her house again.

Before Cesar left, Alejandro arrived and said he knows Cesar paid the judge to convict him. Later Renata told Cesar that she doesn't think Alejandro shot Gonzalo, "I think you and Bertha saw something else." Cesar yelled, "Do you think we imagined it?" and Renata said, "I don't like it when you talk to me that way."

She told Cesar that she's afraid she's pregnant. Cesar said don't worry, he'll take care of her and the child (ha, the same thing he told Nuria). Renata said, "I'm never going to have children, not yours or anyone else's." Cesar kissed her in his creepy way, then left.

Miranda told Alejandro that she wants a separation. He shouted, "What more do you want from me?" and Miranda replied, "A child." Alejandro said he doesn't want to watch his child die of the same illness his father and sisters had, "I don't want a child," and Miranda said, "What a shame, because I do."

Luis Alberto mused that he's sure Bertha and Cesar know where Nuria is. He went to Cesar's apartment to find Nuria's personal papers.

Later Luis Alberto went to church and told Santiago and Charo that Nuria left with a deformed man. Santiago remembered El Guapo.

Francisco lectured Juan, "What are you doing with Carola? She is like a daughter in this house. You have to respect this house and this family." Juan said, "Stop your sermon. We are adults." Francisco said something like, "This isn't how to be a man." Juan left to go see Alejandro.

A nun yelled at Nuria (who was holding the baby), "Your baby is dead! This is another woman's child!" Nuria said she understood that, "but please don't take it [the baby] from me."

Florencia encouraged Miranda to call Alejandro. Unfortunately, Al. was visiting Liliana, and Miranda heard Sofia (Liliana's daughter) asking Alejandro to read her a story.

Miranda hung up crying and told Florencia, "He's with her and her daughter." She said Alejandro has "a complete family" with Liliana and Sofia, that she can compete with another woman but "against a child, I lose."

I think Liliana told Alejandro she wants to work from home, not his office, to avoid problems with Miranda. Alejandro said admiringly that Liliana is a strong woman "who knows how to react to anything." Liliana looked uncomfortable and said, "It's better that you leave now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home