Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 107

Cesar sneered at Alejandro, "When you get romantic with your lawyer, close the door, idiot." Liliana warned Alejandro not to touch Cesar or he'd be sent back to jail, but Cesar goaded Alejandro till Al. punched him.

Cesar gloated, "Don't worry. I'm not going to say anything to my friend the judge. You don't know how much I'm going to enjoy that blow." He also taunted Liliana, saying she violated her professional ethics by initiating her client into adultery.

After Cesar left, Alejandro assured Liliana that no one would find out about their kiss. (Yeah, right.) Liliana asked, "Why did you kiss me?" and Alejandro said, "I had to know what I felt for you." She asked what he felt for her, and Al. said evasively, "You're an extraordinary woman, ideal for any man." Liliana asked, "For you?" and Alejandro didn't answer, so Liliana left disappointed.

I wonder if Al. is going to kiss every attractive woman he meets just to so he can be sure how he feels about them... geesh.

Fernanda vowed to throw Bertha out of the house, but Fabricio and Florencia told her to wait until they got their baby back.

Nuria prayed for help in escaping from the orphanage. The mother superior gave her a sedative, but Nuria only pretended to swallow it and spit it out when the mother superior wasn't looking.

Florencia told Fab. she's going to die soon and she wants to be buried, not cremated.

Veronica found Fab. in the library and gave back the money she blackmailed from him. He broke down crying, saying he used to despise her as someone who expected others to solve her problems, but now he realizes that he too has always relied on others to solve his problems. Now that Florencia is dying and his baby has disappeared, he doesn't know what to do. Veronica tried to comfort him.

Someone from Italy called Bertha, and she told him that Alfredo Luque has a daughter named Florencia whose son, Enrique, is the rightful heir to Alfredo's fortune.

Later Bertha overheard Florencia telling Fernanda that she knows she will die soon and she's ready to die, but she wants to see her baby one more time. Bertha thought something like, "Florencia is dying because I want her to," that this is part of her revenge against Fernanda.

At the hacienda, Miranda looked at her email and saw Cesar's photo of Alejandro kissing Liliana. After that, she refused to leave the library or eat anything. Gavino called Renata and told her what was going on. Renata told Fernanda, who said she would go to Tabasco to see Miranda.

Fernanda warned Renata, "Florencia is very near the end, and she knows it."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it, for once I agree with Cesar, close the door idiot. I love your query about Al kissing every attractive woman he meets. What a putz.

2:40 AM  
Blogger NONE said...

I have to admit, from the beginning I haven't liked Alejandro very much, and on this episode he proved me right. Poor Miranda.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home