Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Heridas actors on Cristina

On the talk show "Cristina" last night, Guy Ecker said (if I understood him correctly) that he started out trying to be an actor in Hollywood (he's American), but he couldn't get any roles. Someone found out he could speak Spanish and offered him a telenovela role, so that's how he got his start.

He said in Mexico all the actors use prompters, so he is unusual because he actually learns his lines and finds prompters nothing but a distraction. I don't know if he meant teleprompters but I got the impression that they actually have people off-set feeding them their lines. Can anyone shed light on this?

The host asked a LOT of questions about their kissing scenes, what Guy's wife thought about them, and so forth, and Guy Ecker finally admitted that when he was kissing Miranda, he "really loved her" but it was "just a fantasy." Jacqueline Bracamontes (Miranda), who said she is from a very conservative Catholic family, didn't seem to like that line of questioning and said only that it was "part of her job"!

I didn't watch most of the interview with Karla Álvarez (Florencia), but did hear her say that she did a lot of research about heart patients to find out exactly how they wheeze.

There's some video from the show on the
Univision site.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through Carey...great blog and I look forward to reading your recaps for Duele on Carey

8:32 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

Thank you, Anonymous!!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home